Multi-Column Menu in V3

Ok. there has to be a simple setting for this, but I can not find it.

In the demo of v3 ([url=“Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days”]Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days) when you click on Electronics the subcategories open with 6 columns.

I am trying to setup a new cart and all my subcategories are showing in one long vertical list. How do I set multiple columns and how to set how many in each column?

Are you sure you have the dropdown horizontal menu selected and not the dropdown vertical?

Thanks,

Brandon

Yes, I have compared all the settings to the demo store and they are identical. I have a category called Brands and under it I have thirty subcategories. It original showed 12 of them in a vertical list and then said view more. I found how to show more than 12 in a list before the view more, but cannot find how to set multicolumn. I would love 3 columns of 10.

I have the default v3 install without the demo data.

Hmm, I haven't seen a setting anywhere to select how many columns you want. I see what you want and that would be a pretty cool function to have, but I just don't think it is possible right out of the box. Sorry.

Thanks,

Brandon

Well it has to be possible if the demo site has it.

If your settings are exactly as the demo, the only thing I can think of is that you need to clear cache.

[attachment=5235:top_menu.jpg]

top_menu.jpg

OK. I figured it out. But is seems stupid to me. It only works if you have three levels of categories (a subcategory has subcategories of its own). That is why it works on the demo site. I only want to use two levels. I can not get it to break into multicolumns with only two levels of categories.

I have a main category called Brands and under it I have thirty subcategories. I would like them broken into three columns rather than one huge long vertical list. Seems like v3 is poorly coded if one can not do this out of the box.

Theere is a trick to this or workaround.

I had this issue too. What I did was to make a third sub category under level two category but the third one is a space no letters in the field. THis then makes the secondary categories flow horizontal but with nothing underneath them. Not sure what this would do to SEO issues but its a simple workaround I found.

Example:

Category One = Garden Furniture

Category Two= Tables - Chairs - Cane Seating - Deck Chairs

Category three= spcae - space - space - space

Where space isa you pressing the space bar on keyboard to create the blank charater

Hope this is explained ok.

Regards

Lee