MS Word Texts

When I copy and paste contents (text) from Microsoft Word 2007 to my product description box, I see the following on my product page:-

“Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4”

Whereas I want to display “At just 9.3mm, the iPhone 4 is thin as a rake but the front and back are 30 times stronger than the usual plastic. Reason - aluminosilicate glass, the stuff that windshields of military choppers are made of. The periphery is customized alloy, 5 times stronger than steel. Your accidental dropping won’t hurt the world’s thinnest smartphone. The Retina Display packs in 4 times the amount of pixels (326 per inch) of iPhone 3, and makes the text and images slicing sharp. Thanks to the added 960 x 640 pixel screen watching of HD movies on the iPhone 4 becomes a gasp. When you become a shutterbug behind the iPhone 4 camera, you shoot 5 megapixel images and high-definition videos at 720p resolution, with the LED flash and autofocus that make things easier things easier. Opt for the iMovie video editing software, and you become a movie maker. If you happen to have Wi-Fi around, the FaceTime feature gets you into true worldwide video chat and ‘staying in touch’ becomes real personal. And all it takes to choose between the front and rear camera is a tap. The 3-axis gyro, when coupled with accelerometer, results in 6-axis motion sensing, and that’s as good as it can ever get for gaming on a cell phone. With 7 hours of talk time (3G)/10 hours of video/40 hours of video, the iPhone 4 packs in enough power to let you do fast multitasking and then some more – there are over a 100 new features thrown in”

I've formatted my texts to “JUSTIFIED” mode and “NO SPACING” on “STYLE”.

[quote name='mifzal' timestamp='1319348294' post='124343']

When I copy and paste contents (text) from Microsoft Word 2007 to my product description box, I see the following on my product page:-

“Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4”

Whereas I want to display “At just 9.3mm, the iPhone 4 is thin as a rake but the front and back are 30 times stronger than the usual plastic. Reason - aluminosilicate glass, the stuff that windshields of military choppers are made of. The periphery is customized alloy, 5 times stronger than steel. Your accidental dropping won’t hurt the world’s thinnest smartphone. The Retina Display packs in 4 times the amount of pixels (326 per inch) of iPhone 3, and makes the text and images slicing sharp. Thanks to the added 960 x 640 pixel screen watching of HD movies on the iPhone 4 becomes a gasp. When you become a shutterbug behind the iPhone 4 camera, you shoot 5 megapixel images and high-definition videos at 720p resolution, with the LED flash and autofocus that make things easier things easier. Opt for the iMovie video editing software, and you become a movie maker. If you happen to have Wi-Fi around, the FaceTime feature gets you into true worldwide video chat and ‘staying in touch’ becomes real personal. And all it takes to choose between the front and rear camera is a tap. The 3-axis gyro, when coupled with accelerometer, results in 6-axis motion sensing, and that’s as good as it can ever get for gaming on a cell phone. With 7 hours of talk time (3G)/10 hours of video/40 hours of video, the iPhone 4 packs in enough power to let you do fast multitasking and then some more – there are over a 100 new features thrown in”

I've formatted my texts to “JUSTIFIED” mode and “NO SPACING” on “STYLE”.

[/quote]

Seems like copying from MS word also copy the format code. If it's ok for you, copy and paste in notepad then paste back in your product description box and bold the text from editor.

Hope that helps.

D.

I can copy and paste using a notepad. Unfortunately, it doesn't have “JUSTIFIED” feature.

[quote name='mifzal' timestamp='1319352658' post='124346']

I can copy and paste using a notepad. Unfortunately, it doesn't have “JUSTIFIED” feature.

[/quote]

I think you could write your text in MS Word, save the document as an html document using “save as”. Open the html document, view source and copy the source in your product description box as html. You will need to click on the html button on the product description editor.

Let us know if that works for you, it should.

D.

Thank you and it works perfectly. Unfortunately, it is a very lengthy process. Isn't there any other option?

The TinyMCE editor has a “Paste From Word” thing. Have you tried that?

If that doesn't work, than I think you might have to paste it as html/source.

Unfortunately MS Word has a lot of extra code and other issues and the WYSIWYG editor takes all that in.

Hope that helps though.

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1319388090' post='124373']

The TinyMCE editor has a “Paste From Word” thing. Have you tried that?

If that doesn't work, than I think you might have to paste it as html/source.

Unfortunately MS Word has a lot of extra code and other issues and the WYSIWYG editor takes all that in.

Hope that helps though.

Thanks,

Brandon

[/quote]

Thanks but “PASTE FROM WORD” is not available on my menu. Why is that?

Sorry about that. I changed my TinyMCE editor and I guess that must be one of the changes.

To change your TinyMCE editor, just follow the directions at TinyMCE 3.4.4 - Hints & Modifications - CS-Cart Community Forums

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Brandon

Ok, but is restricted only to certain versions? I am using CS CART 2.2.3 Community Edition

Is what restricted? The file, the post, what exactly?

It looks like the file is the same so I'm not seeing a problem, sorry.

Be sure to clear your cache after you make the change.

Thanks,

Brandon

According to that post which you've directed me on how to change the tinymice, it had only 2 files and they are for cs cart version 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 whereas i'm using 2.2.3 community edition. I tried doing it also by clearing the cache. Didn't work

I've attached the file that I'm using for 2.2.3. I just put it in a CE copy of 2.2.3 and it worked perfectly as well.

The file goes in js/editors

I had to zip it to be able to upload it, so don't forget to unzip it before you upload it to your site.

Be sure to back up the old file first.

All I did was copy it over and refresh my browser and it all worked perfectly.

Hope it helps.

Brandon

tinymce.editor.zip

Thank and it works. Good job!