moving to 2.0.4

[quote name=‘awolff’]I followed the instruction with the upgrade script and everything went ok, except no product, or other images are showing up. When I check where it calls the images from, it appears all the product images are renamed, so even if I move all my images over to that folder, I will still have to manually rename them all.

Is this how an upgrade is supposed to work?[/QUOTE]

Not sure why products do not show up, for me they do. However I had also a problem with images.

I have exported images from my live store with SP3,

Edit exported csv the order of the columns should look like this (Product code; Detailed image (with full path to image); Pair type) thumbnails are not required, server will generate them.

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]What were the old names and what does the DB say is the new name?

Give several examples please.[/QUOTE]

Well, there seems to be no relationship at all. Here are some examples:

Example 1

version 1.3.5 : shows:

/images/detailed_images/2356.jpg (normal image)

/images/product_images/thumbnail_2356.jpg (thumbnail).

My product item number is 2356.

version 2.04 (after upgrade)

images/detailed/product_detailed_image_250.jpg

/images/product/product_image_250.jpg (thumbnail).

The above two are from the same product.

Example 2

version 1.3.5 : shows:

/images/detailed_images/2199.jpg

/images/product_images/thumbnail_2199.jpg

version 2.04

/images/detailed/product_detailed_image_111.jpg

/images/product/product_image_111.jpg

It appears the new image in 2.04 is named after the product id, whereas in v 1.3.5 the name is what I originally assigned to the product (the product code), but there is no sign of the image.

Also, any additional images are simply gone.

I believe the upgrade says you have to be on 1.3.5 sp4.

I got more additional images then I should (most are correct, but some are non existing). How to remove all images so I can make a clear import ?

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]I believe the upgrade says you have to be on 1.3.5 sp4.[/QUOTE]

The upgrade was done from 1.3.5 sp4. I realized the upgrade script does not work with sp3.

[quote name=‘awolff’]The upgrade was done from 1.3.5 sp4. I realized the upgrade script does not work with sp3.[/QUOTE]

After you move images from file system to db, do upgrade script, image names are renamed.

I tried to export from v1.35sp4 to file and then import to cs 2.04

The name, description, meta… is ok but I cannot import the Images to cs2.04

Now my new shop (cs2.04) with full info but no product images

Does anyone have the experience or trick to do that?

[quote name=‘zeero6’]Not at all. Would be nice to see if anyone else has done it.[/QUOTE]

would be nice to get the 2.04 version running in its virgin form first… cant even see the install folder index.php

Please read the instruction below carefully to proceed with upgrading your CS-Cart 1.3.5 .

Important note!

This script will update your CS-Cart v 1.3.5 sp4 up to CS-Cart v 2.0.4 and this will entail the following:

1. Addon settings will not be saved.

2. All modifications made on CS-Cart v 1.3.5 sp4 will not be transferred to CS-Cart v 2.0.

3. Not all Condition rules will be transferred from CS-Cart v 1.3.5 sp4 to CS-Cart v 2.0. Therefore promotions may intersect with each other.

4. There will be only those sideboxes specified in Listmania of CS-Cart v 1.3.5 sp4 and four more (Categories, My account, Mailing list, Information)

5. The “Basic” skin will be used for the admin panel and the skin defined during the installation of CS-Cart v 2.0 will be used for the storefront.

6. All images which were stored in the database will be transferred to the file system.

7. Manufacturers will be related to product features.

8. Topics will be moved to Pages.

9. Links in Top Quick Links will have the same values as before.

Upgrade steps.

10. Log in to the admin panel of CS-Cart version 1.3.5 sp4 which needs upgrading.

1.1) If it is specified in the settings that images are stored in the file system:

Ã*) Go to the “Settings” page (http://[YOUR-SHOP-CART-LINK]/admin.php?target=settings).

b) Select the “Database” value for Images location.

c) Click “Update” to move images to the database.

11. Go to the “DB Backup/Restore” page (http://[YOUR-SHOP-CART-LINK]/admin.php?target=database).

12. Specify the file name for dump - “dump_135_sp4.sql” and make the full dump of the database (all the tables) without any archivation.

13. Install the CS-Cart version NO LESS THAN 2.0.4 to a different web folder on your server.

14. Copy the following files to the root folder where CS-Cart version 2.0.4 is installed:

do_upgrade.php,

change_structure.sql,

update_descriptions.sql,

update_vars.sql.

15. Copy the CS-Cart 1.3.5 database dump created in point 3 of this instruction to the folder where CS-Cart version 2.0.4 is installed.

16. Launch the “do_upgrade.php” script.

After the “OK” text is displayed, the upgrade is considered complete and you can open the store. It is necessary to delete the following files after the upgrade is finished:

do_upgrade.php,

change_structure.sql,

update_descriptions.sql,

update_vars.sql.

Thank you for choosing CS-Cart

[quote name=‘Eddy’]I tried to export from v1.35sp4 to file and then import to cs 2.04

The name, description, meta… is ok but I cannot import the Images to cs2.04

Now my new shop (cs2.04) with full info but no product images

Does anyone have the experience or trick to do that?[/QUOTE]

You need to edit cvs before import.

Columns should be arranged: code detailed image pair

In sp4 they are named differently so make sure everything is as in 2.04.

[quote name=‘duneraver’]Please read the instruction below carefully to proceed with upgrading your CS-Cart 1.3.5 .

Important note!

This script will update your CS-Cart v 1.3.5 sp4 up to CS-Cart v 2.0.4 and this will entail the following:

2. All modifications made on CS-Cart v 1.3.5 sp4 will not be transferred to CS-Cart v 2.0.

3. Not all Condition rules will be transferred from CS-Cart v 1.3.5 sp4 to CS-Cart v 2.0. Therefore promotions may intersect with each other.

4. There will be only those sideboxes specified in Listmania of CS-Cart v 1.3.5 sp4 and four more (Categories, My account, Mailing list, Information)

5. The “Basic” skin will be used for the admin panel and the skin defined during the installation of CS-Cart v 2.0 will be used for the storefront.

6. All images which were stored in the database will be transferred to the file system.

Upgrade steps.

10. Log in to the admin panel of CS-Cart version 1.3.5 sp4 which needs upgrading.

1.1) If it is specified in the settings that images are stored in the file system:

Ã*) Go to the “Settings” page (http://[YOUR-SHOP-CART-LINK]/admin.php?target=settings).

11. Go to the “DB Backup/Restore” page (http://[YOUR-SHOP-CART-LINK]/admin.php?target=database).

12. Specify the file name for dump - “dump_135_sp4.sql” and make the full dump of the database (all the tables) without any archivation.

13. Install the CS-Cart version NO LESS THAN 2.0.4 to a different web folder on your server.

14. Copy the following files to the root folder where CS-Cart version 2.0.4 is installed:

do_upgrade.php,

change_structure.sql,

update_descriptions.sql,

update_vars.sql.

15. Copy the CS-Cart 1.3.5 database dump created in point 3 of this instruction to the folder where CS-Cart version 2.0.4 is installed.

After the “OK” text is displayed, the upgrade is considered complete and you can open the store. It is necessary to delete the following files after the upgrade is finished:

do_upgrade.php,

change_structure.sql,

update_descriptions.sql,

update_vars.sql.

Thank you for choosing CS-Cart[/QUOTE]

Where can I have the files:

do_upgrade.php,

change_structure.sql,

update_descriptions.sql,

update_vars.sql.

www.babyschoentjes.eu/dbupgrade135_20.zip

Please can you explain further and probably show the step?

Thanks

[quote name=‘Darius’]You need to edit cvs before import.

Columns should be arranged: code detailed image pair

In sp4 they are named differently so make sure everything is as in 2.04.[/quote]

[quote name=‘wisdomci’]Please can you explain further and probably show the step?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Your should open exported csv file with program like excell from MS office. Or find some other free csv editor via google.

Your modified file columns should look like in picture, how columns are arranged is most important thing. Thumbnails column can be deleted. Make sure to specify full correct path where your detailed images (better have them in some images/backup/“detailedimages” folder) are located, I used find replace tool to correct paths as they were different from 135SP3

In import process cs-cart will copy pictures from (images/bacup/“detailedimages”) to “images/detailed” and automatically generate thumbnails for them. That is why you also need to set thumbnail image size here prior import

admin.php?dispatch=settings.manage§ion_id=Thumbnails

I just exported and then imported. I have all the products and users. But had to recreate ALL of the OPTIONS for the products.

The problem I have is when I imported all of the sales. They do not line up with the products. It shows the sale and amount but there is no link for the product they bought in the invoice.

Should I start over and use this type of upgrade you guys are using?

And where is the official script to upgrade already.

I also had a problem importing Order Items into 2.0.4 from a 1.3.5-sp4 export. Like you, the orders imported fine but order items failed apparently due to mismatches between the products.

Bob

I tried to import but it doesn’t seem ok

Wow, I have to re-upload all my pictures for the products.

Anyone can make Sort by: Default by the added date (Time stamp)

In the home page, I add the block for newest products and set Last days as 5 day but I think it doesn’t work well

I don’t know why?

looks like cs-cart doesn´t care about old users … just new clients can have the benifit of cs-cart 2.0 …

i think cs-cart team should give us a way to upgrade … everybody is loosing days … trying to figure out ways to upgrade … i already lost days … with no sucess …

scripts doesn´t work … no explications … no tutorial …

in my opinion if you release a new version … you need to offer a upgrade manual or script … and support for that …

i´m getting tired of trying … almost giving up …

Mike

[quote name=‘hans’]Instead of comparing the data I feel more comfortable exporting both database schemas only (no data, using DB Backup/Restore feature) before I transfer the data itself.

Just used the upgrade scripts (my 2.0.4 was still fresh, not touched) but I had no luck. There are no categories on the frontpage. Products are in the new database but are not linked to categories. When clicking on a product in the admin, I get the following SQL statement error:

Database error: Unknown column 'exception_id' in 'order clause' (1054)
Invalid query: SELECT * FROM cscart_product_options_exceptions WHERE product_id = 1 ORDER BY exception_id
[/QUOTE]

Did you get any resolution to this?

I have the same issue and I can’t go down the route that other people suggest of export/import because I have 100’s of products with multiple listmania links to other products. It would take many many days to import the products and then add all the links that are in my current store.

Paul.

[quote name=‘duneraver’]Please read the instruction below carefully to proceed with upgrading your CS-Cart 1.3.5 .

Important note!

Upgrade steps.

do_upgrade.php,

change_structure.sql,

update_descriptions.sql,

update_vars.sql.

do_upgrade.php,

change_structure.sql,

update_descriptions.sql,

update_vars.sql.

Thank you for choosing CS-Cart[/QUOTE]

HELLO PEOPLE!

Well, I am having a BIG PROBLEM to migrate from my CS-CART version (1.3.2) to the new version (2.0).

In your cases, 1.3.5 has a different database structure from my version (1.3.2).

So, in my case, your script (I think) will not work. Am I right?

What I am trying to do is to export some tables like PRODUCTS and USERS (the biggers) to MS EXCEL and migrate the by hand to the new database called products in 2.0 version.

I really don’t know if this will work, but I will post later if I have problems.

I have another doubt about IMAGES.

How can I migrate them? Or is this not possible?

Maybe someone else is having the same problem then me. Maybe we could find a good way to do the migration.

Thanks!

Have a nice day!