Moving Servers - Advice needed please

Hi Guys,

I need to tranfer my cs-cart site to a new server, for various reasons I only have FTP access to the current server.

Is it possible for me to copy the “www” folder to the new server, will it work?

According to my understanding of this article I can do it with a bit of editing to the “config.php” file.

Can anyone confirm this works? I don't want to screw my site up.

Thanks for any advice in advance,

Tzvi

Hello Tzvi,

I suggest that you should follow instructions in the “Moving CS-Cart installation to another server” article of our Knowledge base: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1312276071' post='118679']

Hello Tzvi,

I suggest that you should follow instructions in the “Moving CS-Cart installation to another server” article of our Knowledge base: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Thank you for the quick reply. From my understanding of the linked article, I would need to re-install cs-cart and then import my data.

However, I know how to export my database from the administrator tab. But what about all my customizing of the homepage, product pages, and checkout, how do I transfer those?

Thanks again!

Hi, we just did a move from one server to another, here’s what I did;

• export db, you can do it in CS cart or use phpMyAdmin
  • copy all of your files across to new server by FTP
  • restore permissions to the neccessary directories; 777 for images etc. (check the installation instructions for the list of folders required to have writable permissions)
  • create new db on the new server, it helps to have the same db and username, but if not, don’t forget to edit the config.local.php file in the root directory and update your db information
  • import new db
  • have some ice cream

:-)

[quote name=‘tes5884’ timestamp=‘1312295949’ post=‘118694’]

Thank you for the quick reply. From my understanding of the linked article, I would need to re-install cs-cart and then import my data.

However, I know how to export my database from the administrator tab. But what about all my customizing of the homepage, product pages, and checkout, how do I transfer those?

Thanks again!

[/quote]