Moving Products Around From One Category To Another

Hi

Can someone tell me if there is an easy way to move products in bulk for one category to another.

As my store grows the category structure will be changing quite often and I may want to split a category and put half the product into the new one. even into a different master category.

But at the moment I can only seem to be able to do this by going into each product one at a time and adding the new category.

Am I missing something.

Alan

Bulk edit CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation is your friend. :)

Wouldn't it be great if you could just drag and drop categories.

If you import your products using csv you could do things in bulk by changing the category column in bulk.

[quote name=‘cscartrocks’ timestamp=‘1389790056’ post=‘175194’]

Bulk edit http://kb.cs-cart.co…ue-all-products is your friend. :)

[/quote]

Hi

That was a quick reply, Thanks for the info. Its a bit better. but I would still have to add categories to the individual product.

I was looking for some way to just select a group of products and send them to a new category.

The reason is that my category structure is about 5 deep.

[quote name='Takestock' timestamp='1389790420' post='175197']

Hi

That was a quick reply, Thanks for the info. Its a bit better. but I would still have to add categories to the individual product.

I was looking for some way to just select a group of products and send them to a new category.

[/quote]

Sorry I think I see how to do it now, but It would be good to be able to drag and drop as suggested by mrfoameruk

[quote name='Takestock' timestamp='1389790420' post='175197']

Hi

[/quote]

There is a top area that you can click and assign once then apply to all the selected products.

I thought that the bulk update would work, but alas another quirk of the default behavior in cs-cart

If a product is in more than one category the update all overwrites all. So the products only show in the single updated category

They are listed better in this section but I still have to trawl through my categories and assign to each product on at a time, as most of my product are in at least two categories.

What is your cs-cart version? You should be able to add multiple categories and choose one as main category. After that you can apply to all.

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1389887873' post='175335']

What is your cs-cart version? You should be able to add multiple categories and choose one as main category. After that you can apply to all.

[/quote]

4.0.3 if I choose to “Apply values to all the selected products” in bulk update. It only gives me the option to add one category.

If I apply it deletes all existing categories that the product were assigned to and lists only the new one.

I reported this as a but and CS-cart says its a default behavior.

Having the same problem. This really need to be fixed!

Import them all again to correct category and the with secondary categories field with secondary categories seperated by ///

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

John

Thanks Johnbol1 . however, I have tried this before without succes. :-(

I use my cs cart with 2 languages and lost of options and global options and I have not bee able to re-import products without data getting lost, options getting screwed up or other problems ocouring. If you could tell me how to avoid isseus with this I would be extreemly greatfull.

best regards

carola

[quote name=‘krola’ timestamp=‘1410446373’ post=‘191970’]

Thanks Johnbol1 . however, I have tried this before without succes. :-(

I use my cs cart with 2 languages and lost of options and global options and I have not bee able to re-import products without data getting lost, options getting screwed up or other problems ocouring. If you could tell me how to avoid isseus with this I would be extreemly greatfull.

[/quote]

Do you loose your data even if you export / import only required fields: Product code, Language, Category and Secondary categories? It should not affect product options. Try to exclude other fields

@ecom.

THANK YOU!!! worked perfectly

never knew that the import only updates the filds imported and leaves the rest alone! Alway thought that I needed to ex and import all the fields.

This is great! Solves a lot of iseus for me!

You made my day!

[quote name='krola' timestamp='1410449025' post='191985']

@ecom.

THANK YOU!!! worked perfectly

never knew that the import only updates the filds imported and leaves the rest alone! Alway thought that I needed to ex and import all the fields.

This is great! Solves a lot of iseus for me!

You made my day!

[/quote]

Glad to hear that. Thanks

Hi,

I am quite new to CS-Cart and running 4.2.1

When I try to change category via mass edit then the “SEO name” still reflects to the old category.

We use the import tool to import products into a temporay hidden category structure.

Products are then moved to the final category.

The temporary category will be deleted afterwards.

After the category change the product shows a 404 error.

A quick fix is to mass edit the new category and set “SEO name” to blank in order to recreate the SEO category path.

When I change a category by editing a single product, the SEO name is rebuilt automatically just fine.

Anyone familiar with this scenario?

Currently we have ~20K products and ~500 categories single store.

The goal will be a multistore with ~40K products.

Mass-edit should be working with that amount of products.