Moving images from data base to file system

I read on the forum that moving images from Data Base to File System could help performance. When I tried this I got the following:

Database error: 1054 : Unknown column ‘image_id’ in ‘field list’

Invalid query: SELECT image_id, image_type, image_path FROM isc_product_images

Backtrace:

File: /home/content/m/e/l/melwise/html/admin.php

Line: 79

Function: include

File: /home/content/m/e/l/melwise/html/targets/settings.php

Line: 35

File: /home/content/m/e/l/melwise/html/include/admin/settings.php

Line: 105

File: /home/content/m/e/l/melwise/html/include/admin/settings_scripts/images_location.php

Line: 59

Function: db_get_array

File: /home/content/m/e/l/melwise/html/core/fn_database.php

Line: 42

Function: db_query

File: /home/content/m/e/l/melwise/html/core/db_mysql41.php

Line: 72

Function: db_debug_error

Since I don’t understand any of this I was hoping someone here would.

Thanks in advance, Mel

Is this even an option in 2.0? My understanding that keeping images in the DB went away with 2.0 completely.

Where did you find the setting to do so?

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Is this even an option in 2.0? My understanding that keeping images in the DB went away with 2.0 completely.

Where did you find the setting to do so?[/QUOTE]

Settings - General

I switched it to “File System” and it gave me the error message I posted. It also deleted all of my product image. I will not mess with it again!

I guess my question was “where (under 2.0) did you find the setting option for having images in filesystem or database”. I have not seen that as an option in 2.0 but settings are so spread around that I might have missed it.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]I guess my question was “where (under 2.0) did you find the setting option for having images in filesystem or database”. I have not seen that as an option in 2.0 but settings are so spread around that I might have missed it.[/quote]

It is canceled…

Sorry Joe,

Not an option in the 2.0 that I’m running. I think it was still there in Beta1 but left at Beta2 and beyond.

Enter this as the URL and let me know what it says:

[url]EZ Merchant Ecommerce solutions

Replacing “ez-ms.com” with your URL.