Moving Featured Products

Can someone give me a heads up on where I can find the string for featured products in CS2. Its hot and my brain is boiling over - all I wish to do is move it above the main content (i.e above Site layout)

:sad:

Unless I am misunderstanding, I think you would just rearrange the blocks as you wish under the Home Page tab under the Design:Blocks area in your admin panel.

you can use the block manager to do this:

admin.php?dispatch=block_manager.manage

Thanks for the replies, however it’s my fault probably not explaining myself accurately and as I can now see I may have gone about it the wrong way.

Is there an easier way of adding more site layout text below the featured products?

I have looked at your suggestions and it would appear that this option is not achievable within blocks. It’s a nice touch generally, but I would love to see an option that would allow a plain text wrapper option that could be inserted anywhere.

Again I maybe missing something and it can be done?

See the attachment in my post below.

I created a plain text banner, then added a banner block containing just that banner. The block can then be placed anywhere.

I took it down, but here’s a screen shot.

exmpl.jpg

Thanks for that baniels, however what I really require is like the image I hae also supplied.

I have used your screenshot as my store is not yet visual.

02-06-2009-20-08-00.gif

That should be no problem. That is a block that can be moved anywhere.

1. Create a text banner with whatever text you want to use. Format it however you want.
  2. Create a new block for all pages, or just the home page, or wherever you want. Choose banners as the block content type. Choose the wrapper type you want to use (or no wrapper).
  3. Save. Then add an item to the block and choose your banner from step 1.

Then you can move that block wherever you want. Underneath the featured products block might be where you want that.

Let me know if that doesn’t work.

[quote name=‘baniels’]That should be no problem. That is a block that can be moved anywhere.

1. Create a text banner with whatever text you want to use. Format it however you want.
  2. Create a new block for all pages, or just the home page, or wherever you want. Choose banners as the block content type. Choose the wrapper type you want to use (or no wrapper).
  3. Save. Then add an item to the block and choose your banner from step 1.

Then you can move that block wherever you want. Underneath the featured products block might be where you want that.

Let me know if that doesn’t work.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your help. I will give it a go and let you know

Just a heads up to say thanks for your help.

baniels thanks also for your advice, it worked a treat. :smiley:

Thx

Excellent. Very glad to hear it.