Moved Website From Shared Hosting To Vps. Need Help

Hello.

I have attempted to move our website from Shared Hosting to a VPS using the guides 123 Reg and CsCart provides. I am not proficent in this and need some assistance.

The website in question is www.digitalsave.co.uk.

I backed up our enitre public_html directory as well as the SQL database.

I then loaded the install files onto the new server and created a new SQL database and database user in myPHP.

I then changed the files permissions and included CS Cart successfully.

I then move the backed up website files from the hard drive to the VPS root directory via Filezila and kept the file structure exactly the same.

I then imported the backed up SQL database into the newly created one.

Now I just have a blank website.

Can anybody help.

You may just need to empty the cache directory, if you used the database to cache then look in the database using mysqladmin and first copy the cache table giving it another name and then truncate the table - you copy it so you can rename that if something goes wrong.

Another thing you can do is to turn on error reporting in the cs-cart setting file. This might give you a clue as to whats wrong.

[quote name='SeanDigitalSave' timestamp='1424358648' post='205883']

Hello.

I have attempted to move our website from Shared Hosting to a VPS using the guides 123 Reg and CsCart provides. I am not proficent in this and need some assistance.

I then loaded the install files onto the new server and created a new SQL database and database user in myPHP.

I then move the backed up website files from the hard drive to the VPS root directory via Filezila and kept the file structure exactly the same.

Can anybody help.

[/quote]

Did you also move the config.local file from the new installation to your local pc, then you must re upload it to the new installation once files and database are overwritten. The old config.local may not work with new install

[list]

[]Make a clean installation of the same version of CS-Cart on a new server.

[
]Copy the config.local.php file of this new CS-Cart to your local computer (or rename it to avoid its overwriting during the next step).

[]Make a backup of the store database on the web site from which you wish to copy CS-Cart:

[list]

[
]In the CS-Cart admin panel, go to Administration > Database.

[]Enter a backup file name in the Backup file name field (i.e. my_database.sql) and click the Backup button. The created file will be placed into the var/database directory of your CS-Cart installation.

[
]Copy this file from this directory to your local computer.

[/list] []Copy all CS-Cart files to the new server. Make sure that the modified and newly created files have been successfully copied and have overwritten the corresponding original files.

[
]Copy the config.local.php file of the clean installation back to the server.

[]Log in to the panel of CS-Cart installed on the new server and restore the dump file (you have created during step 3):

[list]

[
]Go to Administration > Database and open the Restore tab.

[]Click the Local button, choose the file, and click Upload. This file will appear in the list below.

[
]Tick a checkbox of the backup file in the list and click the Restore button at the top of a page.

[/list]

[/list][color=#747C83]

As a result you will have the same copy of CS-Cart on the new server.[/color]

To see the error message, please open the config.local.php file and replace:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 0);

with

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);
define('DEVELOPMENT', true);

Then please post error message here

[quote name='SeanDigitalSave' timestamp='1424358648' post='205883']

Hello.

Can anybody help.

[/quote]

Before Moving your Store to any Other Server. Please Verify following Things :

1. PDO , ZipArchive,MySQli,TTF,GD are Installed or not in Whm <—Generally this are not available by Default in most of the Cases.

2. Use the Method Mentioned by johnbol1

3. Use the Steps Mentioned by eComlabs if Problem is not Solved.

Hi guys

Thanks for all your answers, I’ve been away for a few days…after sorting the problem.

Stupidly, I forgot the golden rule of refreshing the cache. Did that, all worked perfectly. First time I’d ever migrated a website and was quite pleased with myself. :)