More than one Category image possible?

Just wondering if there is an easy way to add more than one image to the Category sections? I would like to have a total of 4 images per category but don’t see this option. I can obviously add them in the item description but if there is an easier way or a workaround I would like to use it.

Where would the extra images display? Would there be a slideshow or perhaps all of them would show.

I was hoping it would work like extra images on product pages. But any way that it would be functional would be ok. Probably a ling shot bit thought I’d ask.

So you want to replace the normal category images with a product detail image (including the slider)? That can be done pretty easily, actually.

That said, wouldn’t this simple be a distraction, though. Why would a customer want to scroll through category images rather than look at the product images?

[quote name=‘gginorio’]So you want to replace the normal category images with a product detail image (including the slider)? That can be done pretty easily, actually.

That said, wouldn’t this simple be a distraction, though. Why would a customer want to scroll through category images rather than look at the product images?[/quote]

Essentially I am trying to give several examples when the customer goes to the category since the actual product images are just going to be a basic example. This may help explain: I sell decals that are all customizable so the image on the product page is normally just black and white showing the basic design. Customers can then choose the color they want to replace the black in the image. But, I have now created a related category of “wall decals” so if the customer lands on the category page from a search engine I would like it to show several examples of how the decals look installed on walls so customer would get a better idea of what they are browsing.

Okay, I think I understand where you’re coming from. This seems to be an obscure need, though. I suppose an addon could be created but it would involve:

1. Adding more image blocks to each category edit page.
  2. Adding a way to store the category images in the DB (extra fields?)
  3. Changing the category template completely to use the products image viewer.

There’s probably a better way to do this. Perhaps with a custom HTML block?

I’m not too concerned about it if it’s a lot of work. Sounds like just manually adding images in the description may be the best way to go.

That’s probably true for the moment.

[quote name=‘IsItFast’]I’m not too concerned about it if it’s a lot of work. Sounds like just manually adding images in the description may be the best way to go.[/QUOTE]

Yea use the insert an image button in the HTML editor - Sno