more than one cart promotion

I am still running 2.0.7 but I’m curious if this has been a bug, has been fixed in a recent version, etc.

I have two cart promotions. Both are being applied, but only one is actually being deducted from the total. I checked in my Admin > Settings under Promotions and unchecked both boxes for:

Allow customers to use single discount coupon only

If discount coupon is used, don’t apply other discounts

Neither promotion has ‘stop other rules’ checked.

Still, only one of the promotions is being deducted from the total. :confused:

Has anyone else had this problem? One of the promotions is user specific and the other is order total specific. Again, they both are applied but only one is deducted from the total, so it seems like it’s probably a bug?? Are there settings somewhere else that I should check?

FURTHERMORE, no discount is pushing through to PayPal!!! (even after the total reflects it)

Within Admin>Settings>General>Promotions, did you untick “Allow customers to use single discount coupon only” ?

Sorry, I misread your initial post!

Surely these would have been reported to the bug tracker by someone else if they were an issue? I searched through there and didn’t find anything. I wonder if many people are using multiple promotions like I am… I have been running this for several months and just now discovered the issue when I added this promotion that affects all orders.

I guess I will try upgrading and see what happens. :?

Just tested this on 2.0.10.

Although it shows that two discounts are applied to the order, it is subtracting only the last discount amount calculated (you can see this by changing the priorities on the promotions). It appears that it apply other types of bonuses correctly (e.g., free shipping).

This should be reported in the Bug Tracker.

Bob

I have reported this as a bug in the big tracker:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1484[/url]

I suspect that they are going to argue that it is working as designed - most people will want to avoid stacking discounts as can be seen in this different but related bug report:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1270[/url]

The bug that clearly exists is that the order shows multiple promotions as applied but only one is deducted. This needs to be fixed to avoid confusion.

It would be nice to have the flexibility to allow stacked promotions as a choice. You might want to leave your comments on the bug thread post if having this capability is important to you.

Bob

Thanks for confirming this and putting this in the bug tracker.

I don’t understand how it could be working as designed if there is an option to not allow customers to use more than one discount… I guess the difference here is that both of these promotions were automatically applied and not a coupon code? I haven’t tried it the other way.

Is anyone else having the issue with the discounted order total not being sent to PayPal? For instance, if customer has a $5 discount on a $20 order, order total is $15. When they head over to PayPal to make the payment, the order total is still $20!!

I have subscribed to the bug tracker so I’ll watch for a response. Hopefully it will be a favorable one. :slight_smile:

Okay, regarding my question about PayPal, it is a bug, but it seems to be dependent upon having a payment surcharge set up. I run a downloads store with several low-priced items so I need to charge a small processing fee on orders under $5. I added a payment surcharge and then a promotion that deducted the amount of the fee from orders if the total was over $5. Well, once it went to paypal, the payment surcharge showed up as a separate item AND the discount disappeared. :? So it is a very specific issue but a bug nonetheless. :frowning:

(I confirmed that the discount works with PayPal when there is no payment surcharge.)

[quote name=‘ogia’]Okay, regarding my question about PayPal, it is a bug, but it seems to be dependent upon having a payment surcharge set up. I run a downloads store with several low-priced items so I need to charge a small processing fee on orders under $5. I added a payment surcharge and then a promotion that deducted the amount of the fee from orders if the total was over $5. Well, once it went to paypal, the payment surcharge showed up as a separate item AND the discount disappeared. :? So it is a very specific issue but a bug nonetheless. :frowning:

(I confirmed that the discount works with PayPal when there is no payment surcharge.)[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. Same bug with Paypal payments.

Discount cupon is not applied to Paypal when there is a surcharge (on other payment type, not on Paypal).

The Paypal issue should be reported in the bug tracker - the developers do not spend much time in these forums.

Bob

As for the “processing fee”, that should be set-up in shipping methods.

Thanks for confirming that. I added it to the bug tracker:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1488[/url]

I hope I explained it clearly enough.

It looks like the other bug has been ‘confirmed’ there so hopefully it will be fixed.

I am sure it will be “fixed”, I am just not sure we will get the result we want. I think that their solution might be to display only the last promotion applied to be consistent with the discount shown on the order. Hopefully, they will see that allowing stacked discounts is a better and more versatile solution.

Bob

We have a same issue with multiple promotions. If we have 2 or more only one works. I hope it will be fixed so that we can use all active promotions if all rules are set properly (logically).

Hello,

Is this already working in the 2.0.12 version?

Because I have created 2 promotions (free shipping and discount for a specific product) and they are working.

I get free shipping and the discount ($70) in the product.

Yeah, it was fixed at some point. It’s working in 2.0.12.