More Than 4 Free Add-Ons

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1315374135' post='121127']

Thanks for sharng.

One question, how does “Product analogues” work? Do you have to set links for each product manually or cross links work automatically for matching names or similar?

I wish there was a mod to cross link products from same category with similar names. Adding cross links for 2000+ producs that are most one of the kind is crazy time waist…

[/quote]

Hi Darius,

There are two types of links: Cross-linked & Bi-directional.

Bi-directional means that if you add products B,C to product A as analogues, than B will have A as analogue and C will have A as analog either.

Cross-linked extends bi-directional links, and referring to the case above we will have A,C as analogues for B and C will have A,B as analogues.

No any additional analyzers by name or category are available.

Thank you for sharing!

cmund

To change sequence of the Tabs displayed on the product page:

Go to:

• Admin area.
  • Click Design menu
  • Click Blocks submenu
  • Click on the Product link in the horizontal menu.
  • Halfway down you will see a number of sections together (Description, Tags, etc)
  • Simply drag and drop the tabs into the sequece you want them to be appear (higher in list is more to left).

Easy!

Thanks for the tips :)

Hi,

i think product analogues is a very useful add-on a must-have one.

I tried to intergrade it to my shop and put in the product analogues tab of every product the similar ones.

Now i can;t figure how i display those. If i try to create a block there isn't any option of product analogues or if i select products there isn't any filter for analogues.

Is somenthing wrong with my installation? I use version 2.2.2

[font=“Verdana”]Seriously, product analogues, needs to work off of the KEYWORDS field, the META TAGS field, the TAGS field.

Manually doing that for the 3000+ products i've just loaded for a client this week would not be feasible…

On a second note, it would be bloody lovely to see “TAGS” as a field you can use to import products!!!

Back to editing the /EXIM/ folder contents…

[/font]

Found a little mistake in terms override.tpl hook

if you like payment iframe is important :)

<br />
<label for="id_accept_terms" class="valign cm-custom (check_agreement)"><input type="checkbox" id="id_accept_terms" name="accept_terms" value="Y" class="checkbox valign" {if $iframe_mode}onclick="fn_check_agreements();"{/if} />{$lang.checkout_terms_n_conditions}</label>

I am trying to make use of your kind donation of the Product Inquiry addon.

I have enabled it and it shows on the product pages. Now I would like to change the tab to say 'Ask a Question' instead of 'Product inquiry'.

I have edited addons/addon.xml, where I changed:

Ask a Question

and

Ask a Question

However, even after refreshing the cache, the change does not show on the front-end. I checked all the other files for this addon and can't seem to find where the 'Product inquiry' tab text is generated - can you help?

Thanks

EDIT

I found the text via Administration > Languages, search for 'Product inquiry' and replace field text with 'Ask a Question' and saved. Strangely, I still can't see where this was language variable was generated in the original source files and thus added to the database, but never mind, problem solved. I will leave this post up in case it helps others. Thanks again!

Thanks a bunch for this!

I just tested and verified the Terms and Conditions add-on to work perfectly with 2.2.3 COMMUNITY.

Thanks again! I really appreciate it!

I use the Product analogue (great add-on), but analogue products is only visible in recent skin, when change the skin, they disappear!!!

Any help, please?

Thank you

F. Majer

[quote name='majerfra' timestamp='1320827626' post='125608']

I use the Product analogue (great add-on), but analogue products is only visible in recent skin, when change the skin, they disappear!!!

[/quote]

Can't think of any reason why an add-on which uses my_changes and hooks, would have any relation to your skin. Have you tried applying the new skin, then clearing the cache (to do so, go to your-domain.com/your-admin.php?cc - replace your-domain and your-admin to the appropriate values for your site).

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1320842656' post='125620']

Can't think of any reason why an add-on which uses my_changes and hooks, would have any relation to your skin. Have you tried applying the new skin, then clearing the cache (to do so, go to your-domain.com - This website is for sale! - your domain Resources and Information. - replace your-domain and your-admin to the appropriate values for your site).

[/quote]

Yes, I have clear both caches, but stil no analogue products in other skins then that skin I have create analogue products!

Any help?

thanx

[quote name='majerfra' timestamp='1320848935' post='125622']

Yes, I have clear both caches, but stil no analogue products in other skins then that skin I have create analogue products!

Any help?

thanx

[/quote]

Hi majerfra,

After you have installed a new skin you should reinstall the add-on.

Please note that if you reinstall product analogues add-on you will lose all current analogue links.

if the addon is built correctly, it should not need to be re-installed when a new skin is installed. The exception is if the skin is installed before the addon and then the skin is selected (activated). Other than that, the addon components should install from the skins_repository automatically if the addon is installed.

Hi All!

I am happy to tell you about another new add-on, and it is free, too!

This is Dynamic page titles add-on, which allows you to generate page titles of product and content pages on the fly.

Here are some screenshots, first we set the page titles rules:

after that we get the following title for a product in the storefront:

Always happy to get some feedback from you guys!

Great stuff 1clue, I was just about to do this via SQL commands but you've just made this much simpler.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot 1clue. Downloades all your addons. Don’t forget to put a @Donate@ button on your website. :)

Very nice and a great idea. Thanks for giving to the community.

Very sweet! Thanks a lot!

Is it possible to add a feature (manufacturer) to the title? This would make it the perfect add-on to work next to my brand add-on.

Thank you guys for the kind words.

If you have any comments or found some bugs please let me know.

Flow, I will thank about it. Maybe I will create an extended version of add-on with ability to set page titiles for categories, features etc.

[quote name='1clue' timestamp='1322775617' post='127104']

Thank you guys for the kind words.

If you have any comments or found some bugs please let me know.

Flow, I will thank about it. Maybe I will create an extended version of add-on with ability to set page titiles for categories, features etc.

[/quote]

That would be awesome. Cause my brand add-on pulls the brand from features and puts it on top of the product description in list / grid. So I don't have the brand in my product names and I add them to meta manually.