More hints about usage of V2.1?

I found a dropdown field in the admin center where I could change the default template for the product view. So I made my own at skins/my_skin/customer/blocks/product_templates/my_own_default_template.tpl and this works fine.

There must be more!? I would like to know more about the changings in the template design.

product_detailed_page.jpg

Check out the documentation at: [url]http://docs.cs-cart.com/[/url]

Thank you. I knew that before, but I cannot find the above information in this documentation.

The question you asked is kind of general. Templates contain both CS-Cart specific stuff as well as Smarty Templates specific stuff. Try asking some specific questions about how to do something.

Sorry, but English is not my native language, so I often might be misunderstood.

What I’d like to know is: are there more such helpful changings in template design since 2.0.15 which are not documented (or I did not find yet) and make life easier with CSCart, or is there a place I could have found information about this changing in template design much earlier? Maybe the “Labs” is a place I should read all recent postings?

At the moment I have one concret question about 2.1 changings (I have much more questions, but not about the changings;), more about adapting CSCart to European Market). One of the things I couldn’t find in the forums is:

Can I still change the tabs to a list in the product view like it was before, and how would this be done?

[quote name=‘Miss Marple’]

Can I still change the tabs to a list in the product view like it was before, and how would this be done?[/QUOTE]

Admin>Design>Blocks>Products>Product details page tabs = list vertical!

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Admin>Design>Blocks>Products>Product details page tabs = list vertical![/quote]

:-P:D:-P:D

Thank you!

Barry? This is our cat Pauline… :wink:

Fantastic! My wife will love that!

One of my vicious German Shepherds! NOT!!! :grin:

One_of_my_dogs.JPG

Hehehe! I have a similar photo of our shepherd with me, but I won’t show it here :oops:.

Instead a photo of the evil blackbird which resides in our garden and breaks my nerves while I’m trying to concentrate on building a beautiful shop with CSCart.

[quote name=‘Miss Marple’]Hehehe! I have a similar photo of our shepherd with me, but I won’t show it here :oops:. [/QUOTE]

Think you should PM your Shepherd to me!

Have I stumbled on happy pets forums by mistake…I do apologies…:grin:

JOhn

[quote name=‘Miss Marple’]I found a dropdown field in the admin center where I could change the default template for the product view. So I made my own at skins/my_skin/customer/blocks/product_templates/my_own_default_template.tpl and this works fine.

There must be more!? I would like to know more about the changings in the template design.[/QUOTE]

This is NOT new in 2.1, it’s been around for quite a while. Ever since the “layout” tab was added to the Categories detail page. That you can simply add your own file to the appropriate directory is not documented, but the capability has existed for quite some time.

In addition, there are hooks that can be used to replace the whole categories page (or just pieces of it) as viewed by customers… And if a hook isn’t available to do what you want, you can just add one to suit your needs. Much easier to manage a 1 line {hook name=“foo:bar”}{/hook} than a bunch of code embedded in the standard templates.

I’m guessing the new skins//customer/addons//overrides directory structure (and caching) will enable an addon to replace any standard template file with a custom one. Though I have not yet investigated this functionality.