Moonrust - New Age Shop

This is still very much a work in progress (I need to add more of my stock - list mania etc), but I’d love some feedback on the site so far.

I’m also a complete novice, so be gentle with me!! :frowning:

http://www.moonrust.co.uk

Nice page, only your hosting provider is funny.

I was with servage for 6 months, blanc pages , very slow page loading, mysql errors. Nr 1 on blacklist.

Your page is full with mysql errors, and slowww.

:wink:

Thanks for your feedback ThomH.

A couple of questions… How can I tell if I’ve got mysql errors and can I fix them?

Also, could you recommend a decent hosting provider?

unique design - very different from the norm :slight_smile:

I would remove the google ads if I was you. You will probably lose more money by sending visitors away from your site and advertising rival shops.

[quote name=‘doddles’]Thanks for your feedback ThomH.

A couple of questions… How can I tell if I’ve got mysql errors and can I fix them?

Also, could you recommend a decent hosting provider?[/QUOTE]

You can not fix them, servage server error.

You can open a ticket to helpdesk, but…

If you are in uk try : www.vooservers.com

or this topic: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=808&highlight=hosting[/url]

Nice

Make sure you do a spell check before making it live.

Jewellery = Jewelry

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

At least the look of the site has got some positive feedback so far, which is the main thing.

System0 - Thanks for the advice on Google Ads. I had thought they may direct custom away from me and decided to try it anyway, but on your advice I think I’ll remove them.

ThomH - Thanks for the help on hosting providers. Unfortunately, I’ve paid for my hosting until about September 08, so I’ll stay with Servage for now. This is the first website I’ve ever built, so I’m bound to have got some things wrong, but I will be shopping around when it comes up for renewal (Is it hard to change provider??).

And finally, Zeero6 - Thanks for noticing the spelling of jewellery, but in the UK, this is the correct spelling!! :wink:

ThomH, I’ve spoken to Servage and they say my website is working ok.

How did you know there were mysql errors?

[quote name=‘zeero6’]Jewellery = Jewelry[/QUOTE]

British spelling.

Bob

[quote name=‘doddles’]ThomH, I’ve spoken to Servage and they say my website is working ok.

How did you know there were mysql errors?[/QUOTE]

When I opened your page the right colunm doesn’t load.

Got mysql error.(“cann’t connect to…”)

This happens with my homepage when I was at servage.

The response to tickets was “we have checked your page and everithing is ok”.

One positive thing at servage is fast replies to tickets.

They have some days money back guarantee.

For me and my clients servage was horrible, maybe you will have less problems.

:wink:

I haven’t had too many problems with Servage so far.

Nobody else has told me they’re having problems loading the front page either (I’ve been getting my Mum and Sister to let me know what they think of my site, and they both have seperate laptops), so maybe it was a minor hiccup?? I’ll soon know if more people start complaining.

I also log onto my site when I’m at work (I’m a part time webby), and still don’t have problems.

Thanks for your help though, it’ll definately help if I do start to get major problems.

i am based in canada and the load speed is 12 - 13 seconds with 500 + kB of data. I reloaded it 3 or 4 times just to make sure. A bit slow.