Mod-rewrite isn't working after upgrade to 2.1.0

Anyone have any idea why I’m not able to use the SEO friendly URL’s now that I’ve upgraded from 1.3.5 to 2.1.0? I’m using XAMPP on my local machine. It was working fine before the upgrade but now it acts like it’s not turned on or something. It won’t let me change its status from Disabled to Active. When I try, it gives me “SEO-friendly URL’s are disabled. Check your web server and URL manipulation engine settings.”



I upgraded by going to C:\XAMPP\htdocs\cscart and then deleting all the files in that folder. I then did a clean installation of version 2.1.0.

I did a little research in the Knowlidge Base and started going through some of the suggestions in the “SEO Not Working” section. This lead me to look at the .htaccess file in the C:\xampp\htdocs\cscart directory and when I did, I noticed that the the path to the site was not in the code, e.g. “RewriteBase /” should have been “RewriteBase /cscart”. After I revised the code, I was able to enable the SEO friendly URL function.