Mod Needed--Custom Block

I need a custom block that allows more flexibility in how products/categories are displayed.

1. The ability to display any combination of items (e.g., both products and categories, or a banner plus some products) within one block, in a specified order.

2. The ability to individually turn on/off whether each attribute displays: name, category, price, short desc, image, etc. For example, within one block, to display the category name, image, and description, followed by a list of products in a one-line format with quantity checkboxes, without images.

3. The option to place small graphics (free shipping, new!, on sale, etc.) on the block.

Thanks.

I do not think native CS-Cart does this. You may want to post a request in the 3rd Party Services forum - somebody over there may be skilled enough to provide code markup or a quote to do the work for you.

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19[/url]

[quote name=‘Dave the Slave’]I do not think native CS-Cart does this. You may want to post a request in the 3rd Party Services forum - somebody over there may be skilled enough to provide code markup or a quote to do the work for you.

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19[/url][/QUOTE]

I know, it’s not a small mod. Looking for a bid.

No interest?

Can someone point me in the right direction to try to do it myself? I’ve been through the Knowledge Base and every other piece of documentation I can find. Would love to see a basic guide to the CSS structure of CS-Cart so I can at least know where to start looking.

Thanks.

[quote name=‘Dave the Slave’]I do not think native CS-Cart does this. You may want to post a request in the 3rd Party Services forum - somebody over there may be skilled enough to provide code markup or a quote to do the work for you.

[URL]http://forum.cs-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19[/URL][/quote]

Again, you may want to post this in the 3rd Party Services forum. Most of the hardcore coders ‘live’ over there.

I can do all of these but not in a modular way…On each type of page(Home, Category, Product Detail and etc.), there is a standard design, so I only need to do the customizations once.

But your requirements are too flexible so I think you’d better ask a quote from cs-cart.

[quote name=‘joe’]I can do all of these but not in a modular way…On each type of page(Home, Category, Product Detail and etc.), there is a standard design, so I only need to do the customizations once.

But your requirements are too flexible so I think you’d better ask a quote from cs-cart.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. When you create a new Block in Admin and choose whether the contents will be “categories” “products” “banner” etc., you then get a slightly different set of options to choose from (filling, hide add to cart button, etc.). So I was thinking of a new type of block (“Custom”) that would basically have a lot more of these options. Depending on where/how in the CSS the attributes of a specific type of block are assigned, it seems like this custom block could then be placed anywhere in the website using the Blocks mode.

BTW, I think this would be an awesome mod for CS-Cart in the future.

Is this feature very hard for cs-cart to make?