Mobile Front-End aka Mobile Skin

Preferably, it should be compatible with all mobile devices.

I like #1 because the navigational buttons (Home, Catalog, Search, etc) are stationary. You don’t have to scroll up and down to locate them.

Can it detect the mobile device type and display the interface accordingly?

For both #1 and #2 speed is great. I like the look on #2.

I tested with iPhone 4

May I implemented now? :slight_smile:

More and more customers are entering from smartphones, specially iPhone on my website.

[quote name=‘nmb’]Can it detect the mobile device type and display the interface accordingly?[/QUOTE]

We can detect device type and we’ll probably do that in future. However, at the moment we’re evaluating the approach to follow in the 1st version.

Speed and responsiveness are excellent on #2, #1 never loaded.

I tested on my EVO, when I clicked on a category it did not display products under that category.

This is looking good, when will this be available?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

[quote name=‘websmart’]when I clicked on a category it did not display products under that category.

[/QUOTE]

It’s just a placeholder at the moment.

[quote name=‘websmart’]This is looking good, when will this be available?[/QUOTE]

Although we haven’t set release date yet, I’d like to assure you we’ll do our best to implement it as fast as possible.

The fist demo has a bit of problems on my EVO, scroll the screen and border graphics disappear. The second demo seemed to work better and I personally preferred that layout. They both seemed a bit choppy, I am running 2.2.

This is great. Can’t wait.

I like the static bottom row on #1 and the overall look on #2.

Would love it if you could click on the photo on the product detail page to view a larger photo and alternative photos.

Not commenting much on font size and layout as I assume those are just filler right now. (i.e. fonts too big in #1, etc.)

For the final button, maybe copy Amazon’s app and instead of “profile” create a button labeled “more…” That way, you can put profile in that section as well as future proof the design a bit in case there are other things to add in the future.

Finally, I assume the language file will also address these labels. For instance, we changed “Catalog” to “Our Products” so hopefully, that would transfer over to the mobile version.

I like the static bottom row on #1 and the overall look on #2.

I assume that prices will be added to the display?

Speed was much better on #2. I tested on a Motorola Droid X running Android 2.3.

We’ve ended up choosing approach #2. I’ll keep you posted.

But i dont see a “add to cart button” is this normally on the mockup2?

That’s ok for mock ups. However we’ll definitely add the button to the actual app.

[quote name=‘racingsolution’]It’s a little cluttered on my iPhone… I would suggest having the thumbnail in the top left, the price and stock in the top right, and then the description below both of those using 2 cells so it doesn’t word wrap.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree with this statement. It is very cluttered on an iphone. For example, 24 seasons 1-3 the word seasons overlaps the price so they ending s in seasons is hidden under the price, same issue with National Treasure.

looks good on my windows phone, but do have to zoom at times. Has there been any testing on autoswitching skins in .htaccess or from cscart yet?

[quote name=‘carterj’]looks good on my windows phone, but do have to zoom at times. Has there been any testing on autoswitching skins in .htaccess or from cscart yet?[/QUOTE]

no.

we’ll distribute it as an add-on which will recognize mobile device and switch to mobile front-end.

More details and update of Twigmo Mobile Front-End is available at [URL=“Ecommerce Solutions and Software for all types of business - CS-Cart”]Ecommerce Solutions and Software for all types of business - CS-Cart

Mockup #2 is the way to go. No point going down a route that will exclude certain devices.

Will you also build in support to view the pages of a CS-Cart installation also? I am a Multi Vendor user and it will be important for my customers to be able to access the vendor pages (both main vendor page and any custom pages e.g. with their terms and conditions etc)

Also just out of interest who is Twingo? (is it CS-Carts own mobile platform?) Have you explored the Sencha platform (open source and GPL) - have been watching these guys over the past months and they seem to be a very well organised and developed platform for creating mobile apps.Sencha Touch allows you to build using HTML5, CSS & Javascript and their platform is built to work seemlessly accross devices of any size - phone or tablet.

I find the constant refreshing of the bottom navigational to be distracting.

Has anyone of you been getting an error message in the front-end for every time you load a page??

[COLOR=“Red”]_twg_post_request_fail [/COLOR]

I checked the Error Log, here is what it says:

[QUOTE]

[29-Apr-2011 05:12:45] PHP Warning: Missing argument 9 for fn_twigmo_additional_fields_in_search() in /home/public_html/addons/twigmo/func.php on line 109

[29-Apr-2011 14:41:33] PHP Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “addons/twigmo/settings/connect.tpl” in /home/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095[/QUOTE]

Any idea where this is coming from?

We’ve updated the preview of Mobile Front-End. More details.

Hi, great job. Of course there is a bit more until will be finished, but in my opinion I think it’s a very good start.

The first mockup version is a bit slower than the second. The second displays correctly the items + prices, pages etc… instead of the first, which overlay the price over the titles, in portrait mode. Nut this is just an easy bug to fix :) Both were tested on iPhone 3GS.

Cheers,

Robert