Missing categories

When I do an install with demo data everything shows up on the home page just fine. If I do a install with out any demo data. Then add a few categories and products. The home page does not show any categories. If I goto catalog I will then see the categories there. Then when I click on some of them there is no data in them.

Also noticed when trying to remove the user #3 that is already pre installed it will not let me remove this user.

Also when viewing all the categories in the admin panel where it says active/disabled ect on the right hand side. Some are showing and others are only showing half of the option. I am using FF3

See attached images.

categories.jpg

active.jpg

[quote]

If I do a install with out any demo data. Then add a few categories and products. The home page does not show any categories. If I goto catalog I will then see the categories there.

[/quote]

Do you have the categories block set to show on the home page? In the Design → Blocks section you can set which sideboxes to show where and when.

You have to set up your side boxes using the blocks. That is why categories are not showing.

Yeah, there are problems with the deleting certain things.

If you imported your products the variables have changed. Before it was Yes, Hidden, No (Y, H, N) and now its Active, Hidden, Disabled (A, H, D). If you use anything other than A, H, D then it will show only half of the box like in your pic.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]You have to set up your side boxes using the blocks. That is why categories are not showing.

Yeah, there are problems with the deleting certain things.

If you imported your products the variables have changed. Before it was Yes, Hidden, No (Y, H, N) and now its Active, Hidden, Disabled (A, H, D). If you use anything other than A, H, D then it will show only half of the box like in your pic.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t change anything with the blocks. This was a default install just unselected the demo data. But I will check it out.

Scotty

The only way I could get it work was to goto the blocks and create another block with the same options then they would show up. I had to disable the categories one for now.

Yeah, apparently they all have to be recreated. Maybe it’s due to not having any information/categories to begin with.?

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]Yeah, apparently they all have to be recreated. Maybe it’s due to not having any information/categories to begin with.?[/QUOTE]

I am going to try to reinstall again and start over. Did you import your items from 135?

Yes, I imported from 135 but I still had to delete and recreate the categories block as well as all of the other blocks.

Note that (assuming it was running under 2.0.1) your “block definitions” are now stored dynamically in the skins/customer/blocks_manifest directory. If you copy your old skins/toy_store/customer/blocks_manifest to your new one, your block definitions should remain.

Not sure why they’re keeping block information on disk rather than in the DB like everything else.

tony