Microsoft SQL Server?

Hello :slight_smile: I hope this question is not redundant, I performed a search first and did not find an answer (which I assume will be no) . Can I use CS-Cart with Microsoft SQL Server?

Thank you in advance !

I think yes, because show here the Microsoft Logo

[url]https://www.cs-cart.com/requirements.html[/url] but i am not a coder or profi

Hi,

From the very bottom of the requirements page :-

[COLOR=“Red”]Although the software works well on Windows[/COLOR] and Unix-like operating systems (Linux, FreeBSD, RedHat), we strongly recommend installing CS-Cart on Linux, FreeBSD or RedHat ones.

The main reasons for our recommendation are the stable work of CS-Cart on a Unix-like operating system (it is more secure and allows more flexible control of file and directory permissions, etc.) and other performance advantages.

So the answer appears to be Yes but they recommend Linux based.

Probably for a better configuration, use Cs-cart operating on the MySQL database and the linux server for the internet and use XML for data transfer between SQLserver in the office enviroment for accounting server or whatever?

Thank you for the replies guys :slight_smile:

I have been testing it on an older Windows 2003 Server box with MySQL, but was curious about SQL Server since I have a newer Windows 2008 Server box to play with now :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘utilityempire’]Hi,

From the very bottom of the requirements page :-

[COLOR=“Red”]Although the software works well on Windows[/COLOR] and Unix-like operating systems (Linux, FreeBSD, RedHat), we strongly recommend installing CS-Cart on Linux, FreeBSD or RedHat ones.

The main reasons for our recommendation are the stable work of CS-Cart on a Unix-like operating system (it is more secure and allows more flexible control of file and directory permissions, etc.) and other performance advantages.

So the answer appears to be Yes but they recommend Linux based.[/QUOTE]

:wink: perfect ad with redirect to a webhoster, do you mean that your post have more trust with a affiliate link behind?

[quote name=‘Triplex’]:wink: perfect ad with redirect to a webhoster, do you mean that your post have more trust with a affiliate link behind?[/QUOTE]

What are you on about?

If your talking about my Sig then that’s my old domain that I used to have cs cart on and haven’t updated it.

It’s not an affiliate link it’s a link to my blog which hardly has any posts on it cause it’s onlybeen up two weeks.

I don’t see what it has to do with the question asked in this post or to the answer I gave. So fail to see why you have even mentioned it??

John