Message for Overweight Order

Came across another issue setting up our development store.

We have maximum weight limits on the parcels we send out. We have set up the rate tables for our various destinations, no problem.

When we try to put through an order that is beyond the maximum weight allowed we get the message that no shipping option can be found. The problem is that this message is the same one that is used if the customer’s address is not valid for the locations we ship to. We can play with the text of the message to try and convey to the customer that the problem is related to their address or the weight but it would be much clearer if we were able to supply a message that specficially tells them that their order is to heavy and they need to adjust the items in the cart before proceeding.

Is there some way to have a separate message for overweight orders that are being shipped to a valid address? The software does the right thing in preventing the order from going any farther but the message to the customer is not as clear as it could be.

Thanks,

Aren’t you splitting your shipments into multiple cartons?

Admin>Catalog>Products>(Your Specific Product)>Shipping Properties Tab

Set the products weight, and then the maximum number of items in a box.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Aren’t you splitting your shipments into multiple cartons?

Admin>Catalog>Products>(Your Specific Product)>Shipping Properties Tab

Set the products weight, and then the maximum number of items in a box.[/QUOTE]

No we do not split the shipment into multiple cartons. It may sound crazy but it is because of the types of products we sell. We have weight set for each individual item and a maximum weight for the shipping methods. I just want to have a proper message that states the customer has gone over the weight limit.

If the wording that is been shown to the customer is not to your requirements is can be changed in languages.

Content > Languages then search for ‘sorry’ and I think its the bottom option that shows up in the checkout

I think I have not made my issue clear enough

There are 2 reasons we would not be able to ship an order:

1. The address is not in Canada or the USA.

2. The total weight of the order exceeds the maximum we have set up for our shipping methods.

The problem is that there is only one language variable for the message the customer receives. We would like to have one for an order where the address is no good and another for the order when the address is valid but the package is too heavy.

Hello, Henry

Unfortunately, there is no way to configure the default CS-Cart store to work in this way.