Meet New Update: Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.6.3

When vendor registering and choosing the plan, for example to pay monthly, he will not redirect to paypal to pay. I didn't find documentation how the money it is collecting. Or I miss something?

In that case you cannot claim it is integrated. I seen already here topics where people asking about it and the answer was need additional coding. Am I right?

Regards

Yes, you are right.

But we are main focus was not a registration of vendors and their first payment. Idea was to charge them from the orders they sell.

If vendor is subscribed for a plan that costs $10 he pays nothing at first, but the next time someone buys from this vendor $10 will be deducted from the order to admin account.

The best solution at the moment is what eComLabs advised.

Hello everyone,

There are several good ideas marked as good and forwarded to developers.

What is being developed now and will come in future versions?

Let’s say next 6 months

Hello everyone,

Let's say next 6 months

Roadmap is empty so bug fixes and more bugs :)

Hello everyone,

Let's say next 6 months

Hi demeldoo

what ideas do you mean.

hi imac,

you can check the bugtracker where some ideas are posted...

best wishes

does cs-cart team even work anymore on this software ?

all released cs-cart versions are full of bugs, do you guys test any more this software ?

or u just work on reported bugs, and wait for us to find them ?

the update process (for a small store, that pay for this software) on shared hosting is impossible, we have to remake locally the website...

when this problems will be addressed ?

at least make an explicit tutorial of how to update cs-cart on localhost ... or come with a solutions for us...

We have 3 licenses, why do we pay ? for what ?

you promised easy invoice edit, we still can not use cs-cart invoice, why ? simple ... you did not take into account our recommendations (we paid for an accurate translation of our country invoice, and examples, so you can implement.. for what ?)

you did not take into account our recommendations

the update process (for a small store, that pay for this software) on shared hosting is impossible

Why would you run an ecommerce business on a shared hosting plan? There have been numerous discussions about why this is a bad idea for years here on the forum and it is NOT recommended.

Regression testing does seem to have regressed in recent releases.

does cs-cart team even work anymore on this software ?

all released cs-cart versions are full of bugs, do you guys test any more this software ?

or u just work on reported bugs, and wait for us to find them ?

the update process (for a small store, that pay for this software) on shared hosting is impossible, we have to remake locally the website...

when this problems will be addressed ?

at least make an explicit tutorial of how to update cs-cart on localhost ... or come with a solutions for us...

We have 3 licenses, why do we pay ? for what ?

you promised easy invoice edit, we still can not use cs-cart invoice, why ? simple ... you did not take into account our recommendations (we paid for an accurate translation of our country invoice, and examples, so you can implement.. for what ?)

you did not take into account our recommendations

Hi,

We do work on bugs, both finding and fixing them. We have separate QA department with almost same number of engineers as we we have in development department.

1. Can you please point me to exact bugs you faced.

2. Upgrade process for the stores on shared hosting is possible when this hosting is configured correctly and we have tools in Upgrade center to check this. Please read about it here: http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.6.x/upgrade/possible_upgrade_issues.html

3. Can you be more specific what is the problem with invoice editor?

I told you in past that this {{ o.invoice_id_text }} will be problem particularly in Europe. Same lange variable cannot be to describe order status, button and name paid unpaid invoices and proformas, when you sum it up with multilingual capability..

Invoice in my native language contains from 3 words!

Why would you run an ecommerce business on a shared hosting plan? There have been numerous discussions about why this is a bad idea for years here on the forum and it is NOT recommended.

Regression testing does seem to have regressed in recent releases.

My shared hosting resources are high, why is this a bad idea ?

Come with a real argument

The website is very good, perfect loding time, it's working perfectly !!

it's a bad idea only because u can't update cs-cart ... ?? This is the problem ? then cs-cart should come with a solutions for this

my shared hosting resources are 2x recomanded for a store with 10.000 products and i have only 2k so ? what it`s wrong with that ?

a setting in set_time_limit, that it's set to low in shared hosting.

This is your expertise answe ? should we pay 6 time`s more for a VPS ? Only to update cs-cart ?

Hi,

We do work on bugs, both finding and fixing them. We have separate QA department with almost same number of engineers as we we have in development department.

1. Can you please point me to exact bugs you faced.

2. Upgrade process for the stores on shared hosting is possible when this hosting is configured correctly and we have tools in Upgrade center to check this. Please read about it here: http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.6.x/upgrade/possible_upgrade_issues.html

1. look in bug tracker (....)

2. http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/50222-meet-new-update-cs-cart-multi-vendor-463/page-2#entry290555

3. http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/44054-easy-editing-of-invoices-and-email-notifications/page-10#entry290557

My shared hosting resources are high, why is this a bad idea ?

Come with a real argument

As discussed in numerous other posts (please do a search on shared hosting in the forums), the issue is one of resource and control. In a shared hosting environment you share the server resources with other sites (classic timeshare model). On servers where the administrators balance their systems and put resource intensive sites (like CSC) with low resource consuming sites then this may not be a problem (now, but could be tomorrow - ie. you have no control). With a VPS or Cloud server you get the resources you pay for and are not sharing them with other sites (or you should be getting them). Some VPS and Cloud hostings provide resources on-demand (which could involve relocation) while others guarantee their availability to you. As with most things in life, you get what you pay for.

If you have a low traffic or hobby site, then probably not an issue. But most commercial enterprises want to control their customer experience and not leave it up to the whims of some pimple-faced hosting administrator at an entry level job at Go Daddy.

If you have a low traffic or hobby site, then probably not an issue. But most commercial enterprises want to control their customer experience and not leave it up to the whims of some pimple-faced hosting administrator at an entry level job at Go Daddy.

i dont have hosting at Go Daddy :)

1. sorry there is a tech support for this. If you have a bug and they confirm it - they will be fixed

Facing a bug does not mean CS-Cart team does not work on the product.

2. If you have good shared hosting does not mean its configured properly. And there is more than just "set_time_limit". There is a log file in your upgrade folder take a look, contact tech support and you will find out the exact reason of the problem. This is the best scenario if you aimed to solve this problem.

3. It's been a year since we last discussed this question. We had no other complains similar to yours.

Right now we focused on some other things, and do not pay much attention to Invoice Editor improvements. If there is exact bugs we will investigat them

invoice editor is an essential business tool.

and the question is why do you move focus from such needed thing?

and on what is the focus? releasing new versions full of bugs?

What is your aim saying "full of bugs"? Do you track latest releases, do you use them?

Imac, prolonging license cost these days same as in back days cost license with lifetime updates. When you get lifetime updates you cannot be to picky on update cycle time.

Imagine we speak about brand Audi, everybody know that in some exhibition something new and exiting will be presented, some prototype maybe. Audi Q8 for example, just tiny amount of people will buy it however it is still exiting to wait for something, new is always nice.

In case of cs-cart I do not feel any more anything exiting is coming, I also do not feel it can be called a cheap. What ever I bump, some new technology, cart compare pages, payment methods absolutely all competitor carts are in the list, if its a payment method its free but cs-cart most time is not on a list and custom development is crazy expensive.

For example

https://paylike.io/plugins

free plugins from competitors and 1200$ from simtechdev, or 400$ with only 1 out of 5 features from other developers.

Braintree, Stripe all is paid with cs-cart..

What is your aim saying "full of bugs"? Do you track latest releases, do you use them?

OK you made quick search for order details page admin, you will add sku. Don't you think customers need this feature more then admin does?

invoice editor is an essential business tool.

and the question is why do you move focus from such needed thing?

200% True...

What about B2B sales ? Any update if CS Cart will be able to serve both B2C and B2B at the same time with just a single store ?

Right now i would have to pay a small fortune to have our store serve B2B customers who we now have to put in a huge discount sale group.

What about B2B sales ? Any update if CS Cart will be able to serve both B2C and B2B at the same time with just a single store ?

Right now i would have to pay a small fortune to have our store serve B2B customers who we now have to put in a huge discount sale group.

What changes do you expect here? I suppose User groups solves most of the problems?