Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.3.5

Currency Conversion for PayPal Payments

Can't understand above.

OK Imagine you got GBP, USD, EUR enabled in shop, 4.3.5 will transfer to paypal

GBP -> GBP

USD -> USD

EUR -> EUR

1. In your store's PayPal settings, you can select only those currencies that you have preset... What does selecting available currency do ?

2. What if I want to have 3 currencies just for customers to better understand price but wish not to receive funds other then $

Hello Darius, thank you for your questions.

1. You can select only one currency in your store's PayPal settings. And you will be receiving PayPal payments in this currency only. For example, you have 3 currencies: GBR, EUR, and USD. So if you select, for example EUR in your PayPal settings, then you'll be receiving all the PayPal payments in EUR no matter what your store's primary currency is, and no matter what currency a customer selects on the storefront.

2. The answer to the second question emanates from the first one. If you want to receive funds in USD, then select US Dollar in the PayPal settings (see the screenshot you've attached). In this case, your customers will be able to view prices in any currency set in your store, but the PayPal payments will be processed in USD.

If you need more explicitations, feel free to ask.

Great gift for the new year!

Good to hear and we will check the and share our feedback.

Just upgraded one of my stores to 4.3.5 Ultimate, Was looking forward to seeing how the Paypal in context would function.

But the option is just not there.

Alan

Nice upgrade! DHL - is this express or does it also work with the German "normal" DHL, which is another service?

Yes. It seems that dhl is not working for shippings from europe. They use another link for tracking…

Don't worry, the release date is December, 15 so the upgrade package will be available for you.

Hi,

So this morning I got this message when trying to upgrade...... it seems they have a release date of 19th of Dec, yet it was released on the 15th... so disappointing.

Important!

Your upgrade subscription had expired before this upgrade package was released. Our upgrade policy disallows to upgrade stores with expired upgrade subscription.

To upgrade, please do the following:

1. Prolong your Upgrade subscription.

Just upgraded one of my stores to 4.3.5 Ultimate, Was looking forward to seeing how the Paypal in context would function.

But the option is just not there.

Alan

The Use In-Context Checkout option is available only for PayPal Express Checkout processor. Please make sure that the PayPal Express Checkout processor is selected on the editing page of your payment method.

Hi,

So this morning I got this message when trying to upgrade...... it seems they have a release date of 19th of Dec, yet it was released on the 15th... so disappointing.

Important!

Your upgrade subscription had expired before this upgrade package was released. Our upgrade policy disallows to upgrade stores with expired upgrade subscription.

To upgrade, please do the following:

1. Prolong your Upgrade subscription.

Please contact us via Help Desk regarding this issue.

Nice upgrade! DHL - is this express or does it also work with the German "normal" DHL, which is another service?

Yes. It seems that dhl is not working for shippings from europe. They use another link for tracking....

Tracking link contains the link for DHL Express.

It seems that this SEO url bug is not fixed:
Cs-Cart Keeps Changing Unique Urls
Confirmed

I added this to the bug tracker in may, while I first reported the issue by support ticket 2 years ago.

CS-Cart support:

This issue is being tested at the moment. We need some more time to complete it.
The issue will be resolved in one of the future versions. We will try to include the fix in version 4.3.4.

It is at the testing stage at the moment.
We are planing to include the bug fix in v4.3.5

I don't see it in the changelog. If its not in 3.4.5 then can you confirm that it will be in 4.3.6 ?

We will not launch any additional websites on CS-Cart until this is fixed, because we can not turn on multiple languages and stores without major SEO / ranking problems.

Confirmed

I added this to the bug tracker in may, while I first reported the issue by support ticket 2 years ago.
CS-Cart support:

I don't see it in the changelog. If its not in 3.4.5 then can you confirm that it will be in 4.3.6 ?
We will not launch any additional websites on CS-Cart until this is fixed, because we can not turn on multiple languages and stores without major SEO / ranking problems.

Hi P-Pharma,

Unfortunately you are right and these changes were not included int 4.3.5
Reason: as you know it took us almost half of the year to implement these changes, and there were a number of significant changes in SEO. We finished testing only in December, when 4.3.5 was already branched.
As you know SEO is one of the most critical functionality in live stores.

I also do not plan to include this in 4.3.6 as it should have only compatibility with PHP7, no functionality changes.

Right now I'm investigating opportunity to prepare updated SEO add-on as a separate package for 4.3.6. I will let you know.

P-Pharma, I apologize for the situation, I know that you were waiting for this feature for a long time and that we already promised it to be release in older versions. I will do my best to find a solution for you.

Out of the box cs-cart is not usable for me also. eComLabs made addon for me that makes seo name out of title + item SKU(item code) and this overrides any crazy cs-cart generated links. Since titles does not change seo name remains same also..

Confirmed

CS-Cart support:

Thanks for the support and I have upgraded our store to 4.3.5 without issues.

Tried the in context paypal express checkout and it does not appear to be working for us just yet.

I have checked the tick box for "enable in-context’ checkout on the payment method.

I refresh the page and cache and it still opens a new page and leaves our store.

Tested also and context checkout works fine.maybe cache have to be cleared.

Tested again after clearing all cache and enabling “rebuild cache automatically” and still opened Paypal express checkout on the same page as the shop.

Tested again after clearing all cache and enabling "rebuild cache automatically" and still opened Paypal express checkout on the same page as the shop.

Please try clearing the var/cache directory of your CS-Cart installation and check the issue again. Make sure that the Merchant ID field is not empty in the Configure tab on the editing page of your payment method in the CS-Cart admin panel.

Yes. The settings are very tricky. Can be the case.

Out of the box cs-cart is not usable for me also. eComLabs made addon for me that makes seo name out of title + item SKU(item code) and this overrides any crazy cs-cart generated links. Since titles does not change seo name remains same also..

This is the only sane solution IMHO. By including the SKU for products and categoryID's for categories there can never be a conflict. No matter what the name is. Ideally URL's would be like: /productname.12345 and /categoryname.123

Note that dots (".") are not proper SEO characters. They should be dashes ("-").

Using any system generated id in an seo name is asking for trouble over the long haul.

Make sure that the Merchant ID field is not empty in the Configure tab on the editing page of your payment method in the CS-Cart admin panel.

This fixed it, thanks!

Our Merchant ID was empty.