Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.3 With Billing Address, Apple Pay, Google Pay, And Stripe

I also reverted back to the multi step checkout, no way to checkout as a guest. I only upgraded one store, I will hold off on the others as well as prolonging my upgrades.

I saw that 4.10.3 has latest aws sdk and the fn_get_amazon_regions function has updated regions as well.

but the storage.manage menu is still not being displayed on admin menu.

Is this safe to use? or not?

Was trying to place order as guest on cs-cart demo website and cannot do it, place order button just does not work :) does this mean that all who upgrades to latest version live without guest orders?

Was trying to place order as guest on cs-cart demo website and cannot do it, place order button just does not work :) does this mean that all who upgrades to latest version live without guest orders?

No, it doesn't. This problem is specific to how the demo and its add-ons are configured. It doesn't occur by default on CS-Cart installations, so it's not as urgent as it would seem at first glance. Still, it is already fixed in 4.11.1, and a fix for 4.10.4 is being tested now. Once we release 4.10.4, it will disappear from the demo as well.

In forum messages that guest checkout does not work, demo does not work, what is urgent then ?

I am looking forward to make upgrade during all summer, but all releases from my side looks bugy, messages that people are reverting upgrades do not seem re assuring.

No, it doesn't. This problem is specific to how the demo and its add-ons are configured. It doesn't occur by default on CS-Cart installations, so it's not as urgent as it would seem at first glance. Still, it is already fixed in 4.11.1, and a fix for 4.10.4 is being tested now. Once we release 4.10.4, it will disappear from the demo as well.

PS

in most modern websites, if speaking about your checkout, you can type-search fields (country, state), in your checkout still old fashioned first letter search only...

In forum messages that guest checkout does not work, demo does not work, what is urgent then ?

I am looking forward to make upgrade during all summer, but all releases from my side looks bugy, messages that people are reverting upgrades do not seem re assuring.

PS

in most modern websites, if speaking about your checkout, you can type-search fields (country, state), in your checkout still old fashioned first letter search only...

If you want to upgrade, the best thing to do is do the upgrade, then use the old step by step checkout which is now an addon. The new checkout is a mess as far as I'm concerned, but at least there's an alternative.

Only reason I want upgrade was for new checkout, if not that I am staying with what I got now..

If you want to upgrade, the best thing to do is do the upgrade, then use the old step by step checkout which is now an addon. The new checkout is a mess as far as I'm concerned, but at least there's an alternative.

In forum messages that guest checkout does not work, demo does not work, what is urgent then?

The issue on the demo is caused by a combination of the Stripe Payments and Google ReCaptcha add-ons. Uninstalling Stripe Payments (which has only been added in 4.10.3, and isn't installed anywhere other than the demo by default) can fix the problem until 4.10.4 is out. There are no other confirmed bugs that prevent guest customers from submitting an order.

An urgent issue (as in, an issue that warrants the release of a service pack in a few days) has the following traits:
1. It prevents people from using main functionality of the store. Being unable to make a purchase as a guest would fall under that.
2. It can be reproduced consistently (for example, on a clean installation of CS-Cart), and we know the steps how to do it.
3. It doesn't have any viable workarounds (such as disabling the newly-introduced add-on for a while).

If there was a common problem that prevented guests from submitting an order, I think we would have either noticed it during testing, or received many reports by now. So far, we haven't. If such issues occur, it's best to contact us via Help Desk (here's why).

I understand. The safest way with 4.10.1 in particular is to create a test copy of your installation with a closed storefront and upgrade it first, to see what has changed. That's because the changes in 4.10.1 (new checkout, converting old variations to new variations) are pretty significant, and affect the main functionality of the store. So it's best to make sure first that everything goes smoothly, especially if you have third-party add-ons or modifications.

Hello,

This article from the documentation should be able to help you. It lists all the necessary steps to create product variations.

Can you confirm - if you have a product already setup with one option/feature (S/M/L) and 3 variations - can you then easily introduce a 2nd feature (colour) and add 3 more variations with a new colour and update the first 3 to be the other colour?

It seems you have to delete all variations and recreate them all loosing existing product IDs that causes issues with integration elsewhere for existing items? You can't restructure existing variants?

Can you confirm - if you have a product already setup with one option/feature (S/M/L) and 3 variations - can you then easily introduce a 2nd feature (colour) and add 3 more variations with a new colour and update the first 3 to be the other colour?

It seems you have to delete all variations and recreate them all loosing existing product IDs that causes issues with integration elsewhere for existing items? You can't restructure existing variants?

To add a new selector (for example, "Colour" in addition to "Size") to an already existing variation group, you don't need to delete products. But you do need to disband the variation group and regroup it whenever you change the Purpose of an existing feature or add a new distinguishing feature (one with a selector) to the group. Here's a quick way:

1. Create a new feature ("Coulour"). Make sure to set the right Purpose.

2. Go to the "Variations" tab of a product. There you'll be able to click through every default variation (it has a bigger image) and set the value of "Colour" for it. It is done on the "Features" tab of each default variation. The feature will apply to child variations.

3. Once you've done that, use the "Actions" menu on the "Variations" tab and disband the group. This won't delete the products, but rather will make them independent.

4. Add variations, but don't create new ones. Instead, use the existing products you've just modified. Afterwards, you can set the same "Variation group code" as before.

5. Other products (with a different value of the newly-added feature) can be created automatically (via "Create new products" rather that "Use existing products").

@Ikoshkin, it was brought up a few times on the ru forum.

Could you add the option to automatically disband and recreate variation group?

Right now I'm in the process of converting product combinations to product variations and it's almost impossible to manually recreate all of the automatically created product groups.

The conversion tool creates more than 300 different feateres for different categories (I know I can merge them).

Some of this categories requires manual changing of the purpose, thus recreating all of the product groups one by one.

One more thing, if you could add the purpose selection for the given feature in the conversion tool it would help me alot.

We’ll consider these suggestions. There’re currently a lot of things in the works, so I can’t say which ones of those will be implemented, and how soon.

What I can do is help with one particular issue you brought up:

Some of this categories requires manual changing of the purpose, thus recreating all of the product groups one by one.

There is a relatively quick and easy way to refresh ALL your variation groups. It’s done via export and import.

1. Export your products. Only product ID and variation group code will be necessary in the CSV file.

2. Make a copy of your exported CSV file.

3. In the copy, remove the values in the “Variation group code” column (but leave the column itself).

4. Import the copy. At this point, your variations will become independent products.

5. Import the original CSV file from step 1. This will recreate the groups and apply any changes to features.

I’ve tested it on the demo with T-shirts, but apparently there is an issue with demo data (one of the T-shirts wasn’t readded to the group). That’s why it’s best to try this approach on a test copy of your store first, if you have it.

P.S. For reimporting, I used Products (Deprecated). It saves time on creating the import preset and mapping the fields.

Hello Team

We are on 4.10.3 multivendor.

Can anyone please share the sample import file .

Our scenario is normal, where products are having multiple images, different sizes and price.

Thanks

Saurabh

Are you talking about a Product CSV import? There are many different types of imports. You'll have to be more specific.

This is actually one area where the documentation is mostly sufficient for most needs.

Hello Team

We are on 4.10.3 multivendor.

Can anyone please share the sample import file .

Our scenario is normal, where products are having multiple images, different sizes and price.

Go to demo website and export several products there

https://demo.cs-cart.com

It has products with multiple images, different size, price, etc

@Ikoshkin, I've converted all of the product option combinations into product variations and have a problem. After conversion I've changed the feature filter type to "Color" in order to have the swatches. Now I need to assigne colors for each of the feature values.

I've installed color picker extension for chrome and wanted to add the color based on the image but it's not possible from the product variations tab. It turns out that I have to disband the group in order to change the color. Is this the case or is there any other option to make it quick?

@Ikoshkin, I've converted all of the product option combinations into product variations and have a problem. After conversion I've changed the feature filter type to "Color" in order to have the swatches. Now I need to assigne colors for each of the feature values.

I've installed color picker extension for chrome and wanted to add the color based on the image but it's not possible from the product variations tab. It turns out that I have to disband the group in order to change the color. Is this the case or is there any other option to make it quick?

Update! Even after disbanding the group I cannot edit the color swatch from the features tab. The color picker doesn't show up.

The only thing that I'm able to do is to go to the product->features select given feature and edit the color there. But the problem is that after conversion I have 1922 color variants and there is no easy filtering. I would have to paginate all the pages to find specific feature option. It's outrageous!

Is it possible to install the stripe payment addon on older versions (4.9.3)?