Meet Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.9.1

It's been almost 1,5 year since you introduced product variations but unfortunatelly it's not out of beta yet. Can you tell us when will it be finished? I mean things like filter by size etc? Many store owners are waiting for this addon to be completed but I get a weird feeling that you introduce new features instead of finishing what you started.

Can you give us a progress report regarding this?

It's been almost 1,5 year since you introduced product variations but unfortunatelly it's not out of beta yet. Can you tell us when will it be finished? I mean things like filter by size etc? Many store owners are waiting for this addon to be completed but I get a weird feeling that you introduce new features instead of finishing what you started.

Can you give us a progress report regarding this?

This functionality is present in the option variants. I can select different color or cover, in my case, and put different price for hardcover and paperback.

I meant filter by size on category page, showing product variants as separate products on the grid, etc

I meant filter by size on category page, showing product variants as separate products on the grid, etc

Your feature type has to be one of the three under the Select box. Then you can use it as a filter. I have enabled 3 filters - by Price, Author and Publisher. Just to see how it works.

Well, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but:

On demo.cs-cart.com there is this product t-shirt which is product variations. I create a feature "Size" and assign it to Men's Clothing category. Later I assign different values for each product variations in features tab, e.g.

T-shirt, Size: Large, Color: Black -> Feature Size: "S"

Then I create the filter for the category and it should work, right?

Well, it doesn't show the filter on the category page if product variations have selected features and parent product does not have any value.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Best regards,

Jacek

You are not following the procedure I described above.

Here is the filter Size created right now

size.png

[*] Multi-Vendor: Settings: The ability to allow vendors to edit styles and themes is now available only in Multi-Vendor Plus.

How come that who paid (licence/upgrade) for this functionality is removed from MV 4.9.1? Can someone explain the business?

You are not following the procedure I described above.

Here is the filter Size created right now

size.png

I've tried it. I think that you mean it works with product options not with product variations. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've tried it. I think that you mean it works with product options not with product variations. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Product variations (white, black, blue) work only with product options (size).

[*] Multi-Vendor: Settings: The ability to allow vendors to edit styles and themes is now available only in Multi-Vendor Plus.

How come that who paid (licence/upgrade) for this functionality is removed from MV 4.9.1? Can someone explain the business?

Still waiting the answer. Cs-cart team?

I don't see anymore the button to allow or not vendors to edit theme on MV 4.9.2.

Please advise.

I don't see anymore the button to allow or not vendors to edit theme on MV 4.9.2.

Please advise.

Starting with version 4.9.1, the two checkboxes at the beginning of this article appear only in Multi-Vendor Plus. I have sent you a personal message with some more information (in addition to the PM I sent on October 31st)..

Starting with version 4.9.1, the two checkboxes at the beginning of this article appear only in Multi-Vendor Plus. I have sent you a personal message with some more information (in addition to the PM I sent on October 31st)..

Dear ikoshkin,

I can understand that new features not included in MV and only available to MV Plus. But I cannot understand why removed feature for what people already paid. Doesn't matter is electronically distributed file, but if paid it cannot be just removed. Can you imagine I bought a shoes and one day came a seller and took shoelace from me? I am standing for this because to be protected and not happening in the future in case I would like to extend a MV licence (big question now).

With best regards

Can you imagine I bought a shoes and one day came a seller and took shoelace from me?

The allegory is not quite the same. You can still wear your old shoes with the old shoelaces. It is only the new replacement shoes that have no laces.

Legally, if there is no new EULA, you can extend the support period for the said module and ask for an update - if it still exists as a separate add-on. If discontinued, or integrated, you still have the right to use the old module but have to pay some developer to update it to the new versions.

I have replied to PM.

I totally agree with memel. We are using MV 4.9.1 now, and we've had this option for almost a year. Now my manager decided the vendors not to change their layout page anymore, and I can do nothing! Just to say that sorry, this feature was removed and won't work anymore unless we move our huge store to Plus version that we DON'T WANT TO!

This kind of obligation is not user-friendly and not reasonable in my view.

Dear ikoshkin,

I can understand that new features not included in MV and only available to MV Plus. But I cannot understand why removed feature for what people already paid. Doesn't matter is electronically distributed file, but if paid it cannot be just removed. Can you imagine I bought a shoes and one day came a seller and took shoelace from me? I am standing for this because to be protected and not happening in the future in case I would like to extend a MV licence (big question now).

With best regards

I completely agree that whatever feature or functionality is included in MV should not be removed regardless if the MV has an updated version. It is not right to remove such feature from MV and move it to MV Plus. What a shame to see this marketing ploy.