Martfox hacked

Anyone have an idea when this happened? Just wanted to log in now to my cpanel but they site is down and instead it displays a “sorry admin, you have been hacked by …” message. :(

Personally I think you've lost everything…

Here's to hoping that I'm wrong but it's not the first time they've been mis-managed.

J.

Ouch,

Let this be a lesson to all to have an offsite backup

Yeah, luckily enugh our site is still up and running dispite the hacking. Hopefully it was more to prove it was doable then to cause damage. Martfox.com is still down tho … :unsure:

But you are right, the lesson learned is definatly to keep an offsite backup as you never know when/if this will happen to you.

Edit: Guess i was a bit to fast there, Martfox seems to be up after all.

Some “kids” played with SSH and deleted the index file. Just take a look at this:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=kjrmc&cp=8&gs_id=19&xhr=t&q=site+hacked&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&safe=off&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=site+hac&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=f&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=8562193df683b6ce&biw=1024&bih=648

I just cancelled my Martfox hosting, very slow servers and terrible support who refused to do anything with it. Currently back to trusty Heart Internet.