Marketing method

hello i was just curious what marketing method all of you use and how efficient or effective is it.

Im soon launching one site therefore i would like to have some external experience to be as cost efficient as possible.

thnx

chahine

Google Adwords and SEO are the best and cheapest to start with.

Hallo!

I think the best marketing strategy is a combination of branding, search optimization, and viral outreach. You can go far with SEO but you need alternate methods to create a safety net (think puzzle pieces). Adwords is good but not always necessary depending on your target market.

I would also recommend creating a site that integrates RSS. I just started using CScart myself so I’m not certain if this can be setup for products but it’s the ideal situation. At least you can run a blog/newsletter with RSS and that’s better than nothing. Search engines LOVE rss feeds and so do active Internet users. There are so many awesome online promotional tools available now which are free that it’s really a matter of researching which tools your target market is using most often and integrating those with your site.

There are lots of cool things you can do now to develop a community of customers. Check out www.Woot.com for example…they have their own Twitter channel and RSS. They’ve turned buying products into a game. Ebay is also based on a gaming model. I think we’ll be seeing a lot more of this in the next few years. Fred Flare is a good example of a site that’s developed a huge following by running contests and and promoting their indie manufacturers.

It’s all about finding a way to “spin” your product line and make it look unique. That said, I have clients who swear their entire success was based on SEO.