Many Redirects

Hello,

our MV store has many redirects since we renamed categories at least 3-4 times over the years.

Since Google SEO does not like many redirects: Is there a way to "clean" this up?

Or ist it a problem at all?

Another solution - since we want to change a lot of things in the coming weeks anyway - would be to make a new installation of the store: Less addons, no redirects, ...

Is there a good way to do this especially to import all products again?

Best

Bernhard

Hello,

our MV store has many redirects since we renamed categories at least 3-4 times over the years.

Since Google SEO does not like many redirects: Is there a way to "clean" this up?

Or ist it a problem at all?

Another solution - since we want to change a lot of things in the coming weeks anyway - would be to make a new installation of the store: Less addons, no redirects, ...

Is there a good way to do this especially to import all products again?

Best

Bernhard

Hi there, Bernhard!

In case of many redirects, I can recommend you to upload the sitemap.xml to the Google Search Console, so that the Google will know the actual state of your site and probably, will no longer try to index those URLs, that no longer exist.

Simply removing redirects will cause those URLs to lead to the page 404. This could cause negative impact on your SEO rankings, so I do not recommend you making such changes.

Making a new installation will not resolve this issue, but will cause your a huge headache, since you will need to move all the store's data from one installation to another. Also you will face the issue I have described above, regarding 404 page instead of redirects.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for help MOD