Manufacturer side box in 2.0.5

I miss the opportunity to add a Manufacturer drop down side box like I had in 1.3.5 so people can shop by manufacturer. Maybe it’s possible but I’m missing it.

Completely different in 2.0.x. Manufacturers are to be utilized in Product features.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]Completely different in 2.0.x. Manufacturers are to be utilized in Product features.[/QUOTE]

I realize that. I’m just whining.

Finally was able to add a manufacturers side box using Blocks. very cool. Check it out at vitaminlink.

On IE7 wondered why your "Comodo, corner of trust is at top right (and disappears) instead of bottom right and always visible?

BarryH

also…

There is NO information (details) available when you hover over the Comodo!!!

Well I’ve never seen it disappear! I didn’t want to pay for the type of logo that validates. Funny you should mention the location. I was about to move it to the footer when I had time and I was so hell-bent on getting that Manufacturer side box installed I completely forgot about it. Maybe now is the time. It disappears huh?

I think you have purchase SSL direct from your webserver, that why the problem with validation.

[quote name=‘roban’]Well I’ve never seen it disappear! I didn’t want to pay for the type of logo that validates. Funny you should mention the location. I was about to move it to the footer when I had time and I was so hell-bent on getting that Manufacturer side box installed I completely forgot about it. Maybe now is the time. It disappears huh?[/QUOTE]

May be disappears is misleading, when you scroll it isn’t anchored, but if it isn.t the validation type then maybe it is static.

Mine stays bottom right “always on top” when you scroll.

BarryH

[quote name=‘miracles’]I think you have purchase SSL direct from your webserver, that why the problem with validation.[/QUOTE]

Yep that’s what I did. It is moved now to bottom right. Thanks for the input.

I didn’t see a response to the inquiry about whether a drop down box can be created for the Manufacturer Product Feature. Is that possible? I have numerous manufacturers and would rather have a drop down box available for my customers but I don’t see how to create one using the Features and Filters in 2.0. I only see the ability to create list of the manufacturers and that just wouldn’t work well for me.

Thanks!

Stephanie

2.0.5 New Licensee (In process of moving to CS-Cart)

Current site with online store: www.Products4Pets.com

I like the drop down manufacture sidebox, why new version not have this feature. If someone can fix please do it

I had the dropdown menu for filters on my list of unsubmitted feature requests. I just sumitted it to the Bug Tracker as a feature request (#1030).

Bob