Manual Order entry not quite ready for prime-time

I did submit bugs related to this request but I was hoping to get some other experience from users who are running 2.0.4…

When creating an order manually, customers always are checkout out as guests.

I.e. it is not possible to create profiles for them during the process. Even when you put in a username and password with confirmation, those inputs are quietly ignored.

When using minFraud, all orders placed manually will fail based on the difference in distance between your IP address and the billing address of the customer phoning in.

Furthermore, changing the Open status to Processed does not pass the transaction through to the payment gateway - it must be entered in manually.

I’d like to confirm this with anyone else trying to use 2.0.4 to enter phoned or faxed orders into the system.

Thanks for posting this. I wasn’t aware of the problems with the admin Manual Order Entry and you just saved me some head-scratching. Hopefully we’ll see a fix soon.

Glen

[quote name=‘jagorny’]I did submit bugs related to this request but I was hoping to get some other experience from users who are running 2.0.4…

When creating an order manually, customers always are checkout out as guests.

I.e. it is not possible to create profiles for them during the process. Even when you put in a username and password with confirmation, those inputs are quietly ignored.[/QUOTE]

This is something we would like to see since we get quite a few phone and fax orders. The phone orders in particular are often new customers.

I am curious where you were able to enter username/password information in the manual order process.

[QUOTE]Furthermore, changing the Open status to Processed does not pass the transaction through to the payment gateway - it must be entered in manually.

I’d like to confirm this with anyone else trying to use 2.0.4 to enter phoned or faxed orders into the system.[/QUOTE]

I am a bit confused by this one. If the order was originally placed as a phoned or faxed order, wouldn’t you need to change the payment method as well as the status? Or are you saying that a credit card order entered manually in the Admin area is returning a status of “Open” instead of “Processed”?

Bob

Another gripe: Manual Order Entry ignores Product Configurator settings.

[quote name=‘sixnin9’]Thanks for posting this. I wasn’t aware of the problems with the admin Manual Order Entry and you just saved me some head-scratching. Hopefully we’ll see a fix soon.

Glen[/QUOTE]

If you create a user in the user section prior to creating the new order, you can then select the user you just created for the new order and all is well. The error only occurs when you try to create a new user from within the manual order adding steps. I have told my agents to just use the quicksearch box to look for a customer by name when they call and then create a user account for them before even starting the order creation process.

[quote name=‘jobosales’]

I am a bit confused by this one. If the order was originally placed as a phoned or faxed order, wouldn’t you need to change the payment method as well as the status? Or are you saying that a credit card order entered manually in the Admin area is returning a status of “Open” instead of “Processed”?

Bob[/QUOTE]

Actually we don’t suggest phone orders or fax orders as payment methods - we don’t have the manpower to deal with a lot of orders of this type - but that doesn’t stop people from faxing and calling us. :smiley:

So yes I was referring to the inability to successfully shift an order with CC information from Open to Processed when the fraud score is above the threshold (or in my case, when the distance between IP and billing address is too great.) This happens all the time with orders I create manually for customers.

Sorry to hear about product configurator not working - I have only just started using it on the front end… One option we have considered is just creating a special user for phone order and act on behalf of them to place the orders - however the minFraud issue remains.

[quote name=‘jagorny’]Actually we don’t suggest phone orders or fax orders as payment methods - we don’t have the manpower to deal with a lot of orders of this type - but that doesn’t stop people from faxing and calling us. :D[/QUOTE]

That is at least a happy dilemma.

[QUOTE]So yes I was referring to the inability to successfully shift an order with CC information from Open to Processed when the fraud score is above the threshold (or in my case, when the distance between IP and billing address is too great.) This happens all the time with orders I create manually for customers.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha - I missed the minFraud connection. Seems like processing a manual order would need to, at least optionally, bypass the minFraud processing to avoid an endless loop. Maybe make a feature request to allow skipping (via checkbox) minFraud when you reprocess the order.

Bob