Managing Tabs Per Vendor On The Product Page

Hello guys,
I wanted to ask you about a possibility of managing Tabs on a product page.
We have 4 tabs at each product:
- the 1 and 2 are Description and Features, so the content differs at each product.
- the 3 and 4 is Company description and Delivery details, and they differ at each VENDOR, not each product.
My problem lies in the 3rd and 4th tab. We need to fill in those tabs separately for each product, instead of uploading it once for each vendor (because, logically, the Company description and Delivery details are the same for each product of a given vendor). So, for example, we fill it in for 100 products of a vendor, then something changes in text, and we need to get to those tabs again and separately correct the exactly the same text.
My question is: can we somehow control those tabs per vendor from admin level, or, even better, from the vendor level?
I will be very grateful for any tips.
Thanks,
Paulina

OK, no answer so far. Is it something impossible to be done (I accept the possibility of customization) or maybe I didn't express clearly our need?

Thank you,

Paulina

Search over the forum. There were similar topics

Thank you. I really did, was digging for more than an hour, but didn't find a solution for what exactly I have in mind.

I mean, I found out that controlling it from the vendor level requires customization - ok.

But regarding the admin control, I only found a possibility of disabling the tab and then enabling for selected products. It's kind of a way, but doesn't solve my problem, because:

1) it requires constant overview of the new products coming (and enabling the tab for them);

2) the tab needs to have a different name for each vendor, so I can "recognize" it from the rest. In our case the tab always has one name - "Delivery and packing", but the content differs from one vendor to another.

It might sound complicated but in fact all I need is a tab for a vendor instead of a tab for a product.

I suppose it might need development works as well, but if you saw a discussion on something like this on the forum, I would be very grateful for sending me the link.

Thanks,

Paulina

Not certain I understand your request so let me paraphrase it and then you can tell me if I got it or not.

You want 4 tabs (A, B, C, D) on your MVE frontend product page. A&B are specific to each product and are updated via products.update. C&D are specific to the vendor and the data could be stored/saved in the vendor profile. Ie. the Company Description and the Shipping/Delivery Information.

It is certainly possible to do this. It's a very simple addon if the Shipping/Delivery Information is already a separate column in the cscart_company_descriptions database table and related UI components on the Vendor's profile page. If you need to create this and get your vendors to update it for their companies, then it's a bit more work.

If the above is your situation, it's not very complicated to do, it just takes time.

If you are using Common Products addon then you could have several vendors selling the same product. Until the vendor is selected, that information would need to be stubbed out with something like "Select vendor first"!

Thanks for your answer. Yes, you understand it correctly regarding the tabs.

It's a very simple addon if the Shipping/Delivery Information is already a separate column in the cscart_company_descriptions database table and related UI components on the Vendor's profile page. If you need to create this and get your vendors to update it for their companies, then it's a bit more work.

Unfortunately, I think we don't have related UI components on Vendor's profile page. We have Multi Vendor basic version and we haven't customized it in the back-end so far (only added some add-ons), so if these components don't exist in this version, they need to be created.

Seems that it's a bigger thing then.

Feel free to send those requirements via the get-a-quote link in my signature. I can then give you a quote.

Thanks, will do very soon :)