Make Add To Cart Button An Image

Hi in product_details i want to show a add to cart button different side how can we do this. Thaks for all.

It’s ridiculous that so much is needed to change a single button. It should only need a couple lines of css. This is just another example of how the developers screwed up by not bothering to give a damn about their css tags. If everything had proper classes, then there wouldn’t be any issue changing any individual button type on any page.

I’ve spent so much time using crazy long css tags to target specific buttons. And because they rely on html tag structure, they could easily break of they change a div or a table.

Time spent on this is a huge waste trying to get around poorly structured page layout.

If you don’t want to have to waste so much time on stuff like this, vote here:

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/607831-add-lots-of-extra-classes-and-id-s-on-all-sections[/url]

Just voted this up. Comically I learned more CSS because of CSCART than any other platform so I will be sad the day they fix all those tags!

i saw this style in cs-cart store but i couldn’t find how make this.

[quote name=‘crazyshark20’]Hi in product_details i want to show a add to cart button different side how can we do this. Thaks for all.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘crazyshark20’]Hi in product_details i want to show a add to cart button different side how can we do this. Thaks for all.[/quote]

Do you mean on the other side of the product image? I cannot make out the language so you need to be more specific which button you want to move.

[quote name=‘Dave the Slave’]Do you mean on the other side of the product image? I cannot make out the language so you need to be more specific which button you want to move.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your attention. This is the english version about simple image.

I see but where exactly are you trying to move the cart button?

[quote name=‘Dave the Slave’]I see but where exactly are you trying to move the cart button?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your attention. I want to change in a product details page. I want to add to cart, wishlist etc in right. Only stock available in bottom side.

Thanks for your help.

ı want to this :slight_smile:

[url]http://www.lslgolf.com/Titleist-2010-AP2-Irons-3-9P-1181.html[/url]

[quote name=‘crazyshark20’]ı want to this :slight_smile:

[URL]http://www.lslgolf.com/Titleist-2010-AP2-Irons-3-9P-1181.html[/URL][/quote]

that can be done :slight_smile:

Can be done but how?? :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘crazyshark20’]Can be done but how?? :)[/quote]

You pay for it :slight_smile:

I cant believe it is just me - but i changed the default continue button code to

{$lang.continue_shopping}

the empty cart page continue button works - but the add to cart popup box always takes me to the homepage.

I tried changing the $continue_url to $seo_url.page .href $config.current_url - and nothign works - any ideas?

thanks all

Hey Thank you verymuch! but can you give me solutions for image inside css. because if not it would slowly. Thanks

I realize this is an old thread but it was so helpful it deserves to be brought back up - and of course I have a question.

I did the below to make a pretty CONTINUE SHOPPING button. Now when they hit the button it’s going to a 404 page. This may very well be unrelated to the button issue.

I think what it’s doing is, it’s trying to find a page by pageID like:

/shop/categories.view?category_id=167

But, on the storefront side, the category with the ID of 167 is presented like:

/shop/test-category.html

I remember something like this happening with Wordpress and it had something to do with seo friendly URLs not playing nice with the permanent gibberish URLs. I do have SEO add on enabled.

I was really delighted when I found the button posts here. The CSS was driving me nuts and I felt like a total idiot.

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]To replace the continue shopping button with an image I replaced the code in my:

skins/my-skin/customer/buttons/continue_shopping.tpl

with

{$lang.continue_shopping}

There might be a better way, but heck this works anyways.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Well, I used your advice on changing the Add to Cart button as well as your Checkout button but now pretty much every other button is out of whack. I have to be missing something, right? It doesn't look like you guys had to go in and make a fix for every other button imaginable but that looks like what I have to do.

Check it out here: http://wallums.com

The check out button, wishlist button, and add to cart button are great but when you go to checkout, everything else is screwy. Any ideas on what I might have missed?

EDIT: I'm an idiot. haha I changed some of the image urls in the styles.css and thats why it was showing the Add to Cart button everywhere. Only god knows why I did that… Shows that I shouldn't work so late at night!

wallums-buttonissue1.jpg

wallums-buttonissue2.jpg

Okay brandon, you're a godsend, but how about the continue button in the checkout process? I cant figure out how to modify that to get it turned into an image. I know it is in the continue.tpl file:

{* $Id: continue.tpl 5807 2008-08-26 09:27:03Z zeke $ *}

{include file=“buttons/button.tpl” but_text=$lang.continue but_onclick=$but_onclick but_href=$but_href but_target=$but_target but_role=$but_role}

What is the structure to be able to turn this into an image?

For some reason I can't seem to post all of the code I want to on here, but attached is a set of instructions for an Add to Cart button, Continue Shopping button and a Checkout button.

I hope it helps.

Brandon

add-to-cart.txt

What are about making the add to cart button an image for V 3.0.6 Ultimate?

I really need it, cutomers can not see the CSS “Add to Cart” button

Thanks in advanced