Major issues with latest Cs-cart 2.x

Hi folks,

I am planning to upgrade my Cs-cart from 1.3.5 to the latest version. Would like to know what are the major issues with the latest CS-cart 2.x that can prove a major roadblocks to the smooth functioning of my store. I ready some people are having a lot of open orders and stuff like that. Would like to have everybody’s opinion if its worth the trouble of upgrading.

Any opinions will be highly appreciated.

Thnx

[quote name=‘jain1980’]Hi folks,

I am planning to upgrade my Cs-cart from 1.3.5 to the latest version. Would like to know what are the major issues with the latest CS-cart 2.x that can prove a major roadblocks to the smooth functioning of my store. I ready some people are having a lot of open orders and stuff like that. Would like to have everybody’s opinion if its worth the trouble of upgrading.

Thnx[/QUOTE]

I still use v1.3.5 and I’m not planning on upgrade. Actually, I didn’t like the new v2 at all, and I not crazy by new features… I just need few features, but I need them to work well!

This new v2 is full of features but with many bugs. The admin area is much slower than v135. But, it’s just my opinion, if you do this and you like, please post here.

Regards.

[quote name=‘Pozzi’]I still use v1.3.5 and I’m not planning on upgrade. Actually, I didn’t like the new v2 at all, and I not crazy by new features… I just need few features, but I need them to work well!

This new v2 is full of features but with many bugs. The admin area is much slower than v135. But, it’s just my opinion, if you do this and you like, please post here.

Regards.[/QUOTE]

I did check the admin panel and the site and I find it faster atleast with the trial version. May be your server is a bit on the slower side. Anyway thnx for your valuable input. Will check the site again thoroughly.

Any other opinions ?

Worst move we made with CS cart is upgrading from 1.3.5 - store has never recovered.

Admin is much slower with V2.0

BarryH

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Worst move we made with CS cart is upgrading from 1.3.5 - store has never recovered.

Admin is much slower with V2.0

BarryH[/QUOTE]

Any other issues apart from the slow admin ?

Nevermind Barry. He just needs some tweaking and/or a good host.:smiley:

[quote name=‘jain1980’]Hi folks,

Thnx[/QUOTE]

A few quick questions for you to ask yourself:

1. Do you feel as if you have a need to be PCI Compliant?

2. Do you feel as if the “Blocks Feature” in Version 2.xxxxxxxxxx could be of benefit to you?

3. Do you believe you could benefit from ANY future developments of CS-Cart?

If you can answer YES to any of these questions…you should most likely start upgrading! :smiley:

[quote name=‘Struck’]A few quick questions for you to ask yourself:

1. Do you feel as if you have a need to be PCI Compliant?

2. Do you feel as if the “Blocks Feature” in Version 2.xxxxxxxxxx could be of benefit to you?

3. Do you believe you could benefit from ANY future developments of CS-Cart?

If you can answer YES to any of these questions…you should most likely start upgrading! :D[/QUOTE]

My answer is YES to the last 2 questions. Problem is I don’t know whether CS-cart has effectively answered these and other questions. That’ why I have posted this thread to know whether there are any major improvements/features in V2 over the earlier version and whether there are any major letdowns that should have been addressed moving from 1.X to 2.X.

I want to know the major disadvantages. My requirements are very minimal and almost working in Cs-cart 1.3.5-SP4

4. The checkout process to be more user-friendly. Atleast better than Cs-cart 1.3.5-SP4 so that there are no ‘Open’ orders and lesser number of abandoned carts.
  5. The invoicing logic should be re-written totally to make sure so that there are no ‘Open’ and duplicate orders and lesser book-keeping.
  6. Ability to change the status of X number of order with status ‘A’ to 'Status ‘B’ without having to click and change the status of each and every order. There are stores who ship hundreds of orders and its illogical to expect the status of each and every order to be changed manually. Or CS-cart only for people who process only 9-10 orders every day???
  7. Option to edit the format of the packing list and invoice.
  8. Stability.
  9. Better thumbnail management.

If those are your requirements then no, updating is of no advantage to you.

BTW, I don’t know of any software that will force/make a customer complete an order.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]If those are your requirements then no, updating is of no advantage to you.

BTW, I don’t know of any software that will force/make a customer complete an order.[/QUOTE]

Pls read it again “The checkout process to be more user-friendly. Atleast better than Cs-cart 1.3.5-SP4 so that there are no ‘Open’ orders and lesser number of abandoned carts”

I never meant no abandoned carts at all. If the checkout process is made simple and less confusing with an alternative checkout even for non-java enabled browsers, we would surely cut down on the number of abandoned carts.

I am sure ‘Open’ orders have been a perennial problem for all users with the current logic generating invoice numbers even for failed or open orders.