Losing faith in CS-Cart

Bought cscart a while back, built the cart, added a few design changes and published around a month ago …

My site is virtually undiscoverable !!! I have enabled SEO, added products to the googlebase, done everything possible to promote it, used google web tools to track the process and as time goes by none of my content is searchable !!!

I have pinged search engines and added sitemaps, then added url’s to all major search engines still nothing … I am begining to think that CS-Cart is not the way forward :frowning:

Here is my site for those that want to check it over: tscdetailing.com

I don’t understand all this SEO stuff.

I have a CS-CART with a couple of categories, a couple of products, no seo optimization, I don’t even think I have key words in the meta tags, but the product and site is indexed on page two of google. The whole site is actually indexed (57 pages). It’s a test site and don’t even want it indexed. And, I do see the problem people are having where most of these links are index.php multiple times for every single link on the site. Will have to correct this when I start to use the site after 2.09.

I have another site non cs-cart and have done nothing to optimize SEO and I am number 2 on Google for my main product and every page is indexed.

I think it’s possible to over SEO which results in no SEO.

Bob

I think that you may be right, what is your site then I can have a look over what has been done and compare that to mine.

I am going to build another site using joomla with a few special modifications as a friend of mine is getting good results with them.

As a matter of interest when did you first list your site?

Few changes I would do:

Product links are too long

[QUOTE]

tscdetailing.com/shop-by-brand/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-fantastic-fur-microfibre-buffing-cloth.html[/QUOTE]

Make in seo addon setting to display as

[QUOTE]tscdetailing.com/dodo-juice-fantastic-fur-microfibre-buffing-cloth.html[/QUOTE]

Google index robot does not care much what category product is in, shorter name better.

You got a slogan in logo, spiders cannot read out from picture file, present it as text.

Do not place banners of payment methods and other links to outside your site without “no flow” for robots, this decreases rank of your page.

Add links to other products in product description page. Add links to “help” “information” pages in product description page.

Use unique product description, not copy from elsewhere.

Use [url]http://www.seomoz.org/crawl-test[/url]

to find out what pages, categories are ignored by spiders, make changes to their look, description…

Check this out:

In google type in

site:www.tscdetailing.com

Only 150 pages indexed, that is very little. Also do you see the titles of the indexed categories? They are nearly all same. You need to set unique category names, not to long only with main keywords

[quote name=‘pbannette’]I don’t understand all this SEO stuff.

I have a CS-CART with a couple of categories, a couple of products, no seo optimization, I don’t even think I have key words in the meta tags, but the product and site is indexed on page two of google. The whole site is actually indexed (57 pages). It’s a test site and don’t even want it indexed. And, I do see the problem people are having where most of these links are index.php multiple times for every single link on the site. Will have to correct this when I start to use the site after 2.09.

I have another site non cs-cart and have done nothing to optimize SEO and I am number 2 on Google for my main product and every page is indexed.

I think it’s possible to over SEO which results in no SEO.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Well this may change soon (is indexed on page two of google), google is improving search algorithmic every day. You are found probably because you got product with no competition, or you have good unique descriptions.

your problem is with Google not CS-Cart.

If you have a brick/mortar store, you might have 4 or 5 competitors in town.

On the web, you probably have like 1000+ competitors a click away from you.

Welcome to the the web…

From an SEO standpoint your keywords are way too general and you would not rank well for them. It doesn’t appear that you’ve discovered your niche market and optimized for it. Although SE’s don’t hold much weight for the key word tag, they do for key words in your content so you’ll have to add more text to your main page with your key words included.

It will take between 3 and 6 months for a site to be indexed so patience is definitely a virtue here.

one month is just not enough time.

Wait at least 3 to 6 months.

Search engines take a while to index your site from the time you first submitting your site to them.

Hell, my websites aren’t well index for 2 years.

I still can’t get google to create sitelinks for my websites after 3 years.

Guess I need to shift my focus to SEO and SEM.

My website isn’t well crawl.

But look at the attached crawl chart from google webmaster tools.

Averaging only 378 pages per day. But the last few days, it’s above 4,500 pages per day.

chart.png

[quote name=‘Darius’]Few changes I would do:

Product links are too long

Make in seo addon setting to display as

Google index robot does not care much what category product is in, shorter name better.

You got a slogan in logo, spiders cannot read out from picture file, present it as text.

Do not place banners of payment methods and other links to outside your site without “no flow” for robots, this decreases rank of your page.

Add links to other products in product description page. Add links to “help” “information” pages in product description page.

Use unique product description, not copy from elsewhere.

Use [url]http://www.seomoz.org/crawl-test[/url]

to find out what pages, categories are ignored by spiders, make changes to their look, description…[/QUOTE]

Changed the SEO function now, thanks for all your input I will make changes asap :slight_smile:

The only person you have to blame for your site not showing up in search engines is yourself. SEO is a lot of work and requires lots of time to do it right. I don’t have the time to type out every little detail, but feel free to contact me for further explanation.

Another major problem I have is that anywhere on my site that has th “&” sign comes up in search listing as “&” it is really annoying and also my pictures dont show in googlebase … Asked many times but nobody ever has an answer !!

Seems like ou want everything in a hurry and is no cs-cart for sure. It is who has been online longer then you (compeditors) with same keywords ect. It is hard to move up as a new site on google and as you know google is very very smart theese days and if you try to cheat the system google will catch it and keep you back or eliminate your site on google. I have tried and tried for years to catch my comeditors and takes a good while to be stable top 10 which we are now. But my friends had the same issues as yourself ,just could not get even top 50 in his industry and moved up slowly after 3 years but this is his industry which is way more compeditive

I do like your site and google eventully will as well, it is clean and well organized

[quote name=‘flasher’]Seems like ou want everything in a hurry and is no cs-cart for sure. It is who has been online longer then you (compeditors) with same keywords ect. It is hard to move up as a new site on google and as you know google is very very smart theese days and if you try to cheat the system google will catch it and keep you back or eliminate your site on google. I have tried and tried for years to catch my comeditors and takes a good while to be stable top 10 which we are now. But my friends had the same issues as yourself ,just could not get even top 50 in his industry and moved up slowly after 3 years but this is his industry which is way more compeditive

I do like your site and google eventully will as well, it is clean and well organized[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your comments about the site, everyone wants the best for there site as do I, in my business area in the UK there are only a few major competitors and there sites are alot more disorganised than mine, its just annoying when you know you have a good site but no one can find it :wink:

[quote name=‘kennedysgarage’]The only person you have to blame for your site not showing up in search engines is yourself. SEO is a lot of work and requires lots of time to do it right. I don’t have the time to type out every little detail, but feel free to contact me for further explanation.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that :confused: I realise that SEO is hard work, I am willing to put as much time in as I can to promote the site. I am not after a quick fix. More advice on what I should do would be appreciated.

[quote name=‘MTHawkins’]Thanks for your comments about the site, everyone wants the best for there site as do I, in my business area in the UK there are only a few major competitors and there sites are alot more disorganised than mine, its just annoying when you know you have a good site but no one can find it ;)[/QUOTE]

If your main market is UK I would be getting co.uk domain. It makes a difference for google.

[quote name=‘Darius’]If your main market is UK I would be getting co.uk domain. It makes a difference for google.[/QUOTE]

I own the .co.uk address but if i setup a redirect will it help my rankings still or not?

[quote name=‘MTHawkins’]I own the .co.uk address but if i setup a redirect will it help my rankings still or not?[/quote]

The 301 redirect keep your ranking same as it.