Looking for International Configuration Guideance or Tips?

I have a site setup for US / North America sales and I would like to selling items outside North America, but really confused on the best way to setup international shipping, sales, conversion rates, etc… (i’m only offering USPS international flat or UPS)

Ideally, I am looking for tips, suggestions or maybe a guide on cart configuration best practices on selling globally? OR how others have handled this.

[quote name=‘carterj’]I have a site setup for US / North America sales and I would like to selling items outside North America, but really confused on the best way to setup international shipping, sales, conversion rates, etc… (i’m only offering USPS international flat or UPS)

Ideally, I am looking for tips, suggestions or maybe a guide on cart configuration best practices on selling globally? OR how others have handled this.[/QUOTE]

Hi Carter - we’ve been looking to setup localizations to offer different payment/postage options to our non uk customers - BUT the localization fields are missing from the import/export options at present so we’re waiting for the next bug release to address the issue ( BugTracker ticket here ) Once this is added we’ll add US/CAN, UK & Euro localizations so they all get different products / postage / payment options.

Have a butchers at page 167 on the cscart manual - once you have defind each localization, you then need to add categories, products, payments, delivery, blocks etc for each - but as you cannot modify each product during the upload, its a manual process (so we’ll wait for the update)

Maybe some of the more seasoned cscarters here can add their expertise but this is our plan at present. :rolleyes: