Looking For Constructive Criticism

I’m working on a new design for my store based off of the Sport skin. Jesse has been helping me with ideas (I think Tony has too?) but seeing how we both don’t have any artistic ability, I wanted to get feedback from the members here.

I am looking for criticism mainly on the design and not how it functions but you can leave feedback on that as well. You can also compare it to the current store if you’d like. Also keep in mind that this is an automotive tools and equipment store.

Current store: www.tooloutfitters.net/
Test store: www.tooloutfitters.net/testcscart2x/

Hey Toolman,

I think it looks pretty decent, your new logo is a definite improvement over the old store. The background image seems to “work”.

If it were me, I would replace the light blue shades with shades of gray to stay more with an overall “blacks, white & grays” theme look. I might also replace the red categories box background color with perhaps a darker shade of gray to make it stand out, yet not be as overpowering as the red.

Just some food for thought, no guarantees on the end product! :wink:

I think the background image is a bit overpowering. Have a look here - [url]http://www.grsites.com/archive/textures/[/url] - there are some great backgrounds and I think the background they have used on their home page would look good on your page.

I love your new logo.

I really envy people with artistic ability.

[quote name=‘Struck’]If it were me, I would replace the light blue shades with shades of gray to stay more with an overall “blacks, white & grays” theme look.[/QUOTE]

I’m grinning from ear to ear! Jesse and I have been arguing about that. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote name=‘Lyn’]I think the background image is a bit overpowering. Have a look here - [url]http://www.grsites.com/archive/textures/[/url] - there are some great backgrounds and I think the background they have used on their home page would look good on your page.

I love your new logo.

I really envy people with artistic ability.[/QUOTE]

That’s a pretty cool site Lyn. I’ll be visiting it more often. Yeah, I am loving the logo the more I look at it. It cost me but it was well worth it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far friends and family are liking the overall look of the old site better than the new.sigh

[quote name=‘Struck’]Hey Toolman,

I think it looks pretty decent, your new logo is a definite improvement over the old store. The background image seems to “work”.

If it were me, I would replace the light blue shades with shades of gray to stay more with an overall “blacks, white & grays” theme look. I might also replace the red categories box background color with perhaps a darker shade of gray to make it stand out, yet not be as overpowering as the red.

Just some food for thought, no guarantees on the end product! ;)[/quote]

I considered that however since he sells tools, those colors wouldn’t have much effect on the eye. the first thing you notice about the template is the categorys and ‘add to cart’ buttons due to the color. The aqua just lets people know that there are ‘other things’ that they can do, just making sure they are too busy.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]I’m grinning from ear to ear! Jesse and I have been arguing about that. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a pretty cool site Lyn. I’ll be visiting it more often. Yeah, I am loving the logo the more I look at it. It cost me but it was well worth it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far friends and family are liking the overall look of the old site better than the new.sigh[/quote]

They are censored