Long redirection accessing admin.php

I have installed 2.1 into the separate folder on my site (cscart2/) for testing it. The front end works OK but I can not access to admin part as there is a long loop of redirections like

/cscart2/admin.php?dispatch=auth.login_form&return_url=admin.php%3Fdispatch%3Dauth.login_form%26return_url%3Dadmin.php%253Fdispatch%253Dauth.login_form%2526return_url%253Dadmin.php

and so on.

In the end poor browser stops loading.

On my local computer I did not have this problem. Did anybody met this or does anybody know how to fix it?

Thank you

Check the config file to make sure the site folder is set to /cscart2/

[quote name=‘gginorio’]Check the config file to make sure the site folder is set to /cscart2/[/QUOTE]

Yes, the config file indicates to the folder where the cart installed otherwise the front end part would not work.

I used different manipulations with clearing var/cache folder, I reinstalled the script some time - no result, I mean no good result, admin is not accessible, only loop redirecting

Assume you have cleared the cache so that it will see your new /cscart2/ settings. Note that the “return_url” parameter in your above redirect loop does NOT have the /cscart2/ prefix to admin.php. Hence you either have pages with hard (or incorrectly) coded values or you have a Registry cache that does not reflect the current cart.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Assume you have cleared the cache [/QUOTE]

I want to be sure that I understand it correct. Saying “to clean cache” do you mean to delete manually files in the dir /var/cache ? I cleaned cache in this way - I can not see other.I cleaned both directories /var/cache/ and /var/compiled/admin. I even filled them with files from my local computer and it worked out for some time.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Note that the “return_url” parameter in your above redirect loop does NOT have the /cscart2/ prefix to admin.php. Hence you either have pages with hard (or incorrectly) coded values or you have a Registry cache that does not reflect the current cart.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for pointing me on it but I used clean installation with unmodified files with clean database

[quote name=‘tmv’]I have installed 2.1 into the separate folder on my site (cscart2/) for testing it. The front end works OK but I can not access to admin part as there is a long loop of redirections like

/cscart2/admin.php?dispatch=auth.login_form&return_url=admin.php%3Fdispatch%3Dauth.login_form%26return_url%3Dadmin.php%253Fdispatch%253Dauth.login_form%2526return_url%253Dadmin.php

and so on.

In the end poor browser stops loading.

On my local computer I did not have this problem. Did anybody met this or does anybody know how to fix it?

Thank you[/QUOTE]

1. check config.local
  2. check db

To clear the cache, ?cc

This will clear both the cache and compiled directories ensuring that any pages that are rebuilt and subsequently cached in the compiled directory are using information that is fresh from the cache directory (it is this registry cache where the https_location value is kept.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]To clear the cache, ?cc[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your patience. The problem is that I can not access the admin.php file - this is my initial problem. So I clean cache through FTP.

[quote name=‘ravt’]T1) check config.local

2) check db[/QUOTE]

1)The config.local seems to be OK, at least Frontside works.

2) How to check it? I dropped the database and re-installed the cart again - the same result.

Definitely the problem is in server.

I have to say that at remoter server the 1.3.5 version works OK.

Here is what I found out by phpinfo()

• on localhost Server API: Apache 2.0 Handler
  • on remote server Server API: CGI/FastCGI

Is it can be a reason of the problem?