what settings do you guys have, can the user buy with out loggin in or register, or can a user buy with out registering or logging in…

just wondering, i had somone buy something and put in jibberish for info, my site isnt even going yet.

dont know how much of that happens anyway

yea their are a few idiots wondering around placing bogus orders on various cs powered sites including mine recently, this is usually caused by someone who is embarrassed by their own pathetic sites that they have to surf around and look what others have done, in doing so place bogus orders, in addition the same fellows who place bogus orders are usually the same folks who ask basic html questions similar too but not limited too, how do you change the image? and/or how do you change the name? and theories suggest that these same and/or similar individuals whom are humiliated by their own sites refuse to take a proactive role in learning basic html, no worries for those of us who are serious about growing our businesses as my new little mod addition IP Blocker v1.0 will be available soon.

[quote name=‘snorocket’]in addition the same fellows who place bogus orders are usually the same folks who ask basic html questions similar too but not limited too, how do you change the image? and/or how do you change the name? .[/QUOTE]

i take a bit offence to that statement. this is the first time i have done a web page with a cart and i am walking on egg shells with it as not to mess anything up. i know myself i have asked questions that are basic, because, i also have 2 little ones running around and i am doing this store by myself so time is an issue ( i know i am not the only one here like that). I would never make a bogus order though, i always appreciate everyones help.

unfortunately, things may change around here soon.

Its basically Sno and Myself answering everyones questions. with an exception here or there. I know b/c ive scanned the forums and viewed users by post count.

The issue becomes with only 2 people constantly having to answer the same redundant questions over and over (no one uses the search button) it gets not only old quick, but then everyone EXPECTS we answer them. like we get paid for this. :rolleyes:

So while your time is precious to you, so is ours to us. I would advise you to spend some time reading some basic html books, php/mysql. I would also advise maybe you set up a local install of php/mysql/apache on your home computer (its a simple .exe install) and then you can run a home test server to experiment with things w/o messing up your real store.

You can install this on any windows box, then have your own home server to test cs cart on.

[url]http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html[/url]

:stuck_out_tongue:

Bud i read what you just wrote and thought hmm went and had a smoke and thought his gotta be kidding hasnt he.

Yes your site is just so fantastic buddy wish our site was so good like yours ill just go and place orders a make me feel better.

Well mate we get boggus orders as well maty i dont go saying what you just said live with it mate dont take it out on evey one else.

I do have books and i do read and i do use the serch, thank you for asking,

im sorry if i frustrate you, i though forum boards are for asking questions and getting help, i guess i was mistaken.

BTW, mabey if you take a look around you will notice that you are not the only ones anwering questions. there are plenty of others who, with out complaint, answer questions. So if this place frustrates you there are others around to help.

I was venting specifically to people being so blatantly rude and disrespectful to start posting bogus orders with deactivated, stolen credit cards and the like…its our time we have to spend sifting through legitimate orders costing us resources spent better elsewhere, it’s hard to squeeze time from anywhere and I posted this because it is a concern that all need to be aware of and not a direct insult to anyone other then the original clowns posting irrelevent orders.

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I was venting specifically to people being so blatantly rude and disrespectful to start posting bogus orders with deactivated, stolen credit cards and the like…its our time we have to spend sifting through legitimate orders costing us resources spent better elsewhere, it’s hard to squeeze time from anywhere and I posted this because it is a concern that all need to be aware of and not a direct insult to anyone other then the original clowns posting irrelevent orders.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you there. that is why i asked, its when you grouped the bogus users and the basic html questions together that i took offense. i know there a jerks out there who have nothing better to do than enter a bogus order. i dont see ANY question as a waste of time.

turning the tides before I find the delete button, its a good resource to learn smarty at:

[url]Search Results for "forums" | Smarty