Locations Question - Please Help!

Hi, Im seeing a weird error with CS Cart. Ive created a location for tax, and a location for shipping.

If I enable the shipping location, 'tax' is not shown on the order summary in the checkout process or on the shipping estimator.

I've been in touch with CS Cart support and I've also made sure that all the options are ticked; 'prices include tax', 'Display prices with taxes on category/product pages if the method of calculating taxes is based on a unit's price' etc, etc.

Now I know that you cant 'stack' regions when it comes to shipping, e.g; One region for USA and one for Florida etc.

But I didnt think my tax location would interfere like this. Its very simple to reproduce; if I enable any shipping location, tax is no longer displayed anywhere in the store frontend. If i disable my shipping locations, obviously the order can't be sent, but suddenly the tax component shows on the order checkout, shipping estimator etc.

Does anyone know a way around this? I cant be the first surely…

Thanks,

Scott.

P.S. Since my locations will be a bunch of postcode ranges, do i need perhaps to add the 10% GST tax to each and every shipping location that falls into my tax range?

Locations affect taxes and shipping. So you need to think through your locations since they can't be overlapped/duplicated among the various locations.

Thanks, I kind of wish CS Cart support had mentioned that as they've logged into my store and even set my locations for me. I suspected that the overlap of a tax location and a shipping location was the culprit.

Cheers,

Scott.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1309748252' post='116195']

Locations affect taxes and shipping. So you need to think through your locations since they can't be overlapped/duplicated among the various locations.

[/quote]