Live Support Soft Recommendation

Hi,

I was reading a lot here, looked some shops and found that not all of CSC users, use Live Help provided by this cart. My question is:

Do you have any other alternatives, recommendations for Live Support Web Based software, not rely on third party and pay monthly or yearly fees? I found PHPLive with reasonable price for full version (own server installation), but they never answer emails and their Live Help on their website is forever Offline. I sent them a few questions, but…right! no answer:confused: It would be also good if such software was able to minimize in system tray.

JSKY

I use livesupport.com

All you add is a piece of code. It runs on their server, it gives me geo location, ip and real time page views (where they are on the site)

I am not in the office, but i believe its livesupport.com.

here…i found the site on my home computer…

[URL=“http://www.providesupport.com/”]http://www.providesupport.com/[/URL]

i love it

Thanks, you are always fast Mike :stuck_out_tongue:

I know them, but what I was asking for is running Live Support on my own server, something like Syntax, CSC Live Help, but with more features. I found PHPLive.com but I already mentioned that I`m not sure if they are OK. I checked their clietns homepages and found 2 of many who only use it.

I want to be able to make unlimited dept. and operators, but have one console. I want to devide it to two websites, shop and another one I have.

You are not in the office, but you are right saying “Provide Support”

CS never should have gotten into the business of live help…http://www.phplivesupport.com

snorocket thank you. If you read my post above, this is the website I was talking about PHPLive which has reasonable price for web based chat, but they don`t seem like reply to my emails. I downloaded their trial hosted and it works fine. I may go ahead with own server based, so I will be able to manage myself and have without additional cost as many depts and operators as I want.

Thank You Guys. I appreciate your help:p

I also use Live Help on my store. :wink:

mdekok3000 do you use CS Live Help? How it works for you if you use CS one? I may try to test again, but I want to have another Live Support picture and have no idea how to change and I don`t know how to set up my ID and Login.

If you can provide me with that info it will be nice. I have already downloaded CS LH 2.0.1

When you enable the live help addon, you will see another side box on the right at the bottom. In there is a Manage Operators link.

Add an operator.

Then download and install the live help program from the file area in the helpdesk.

Next setup your connection by using the location of your store.

Ex. Mine is [URL]http://www.youtipgaming.com/store/index.php[/URL].

After that connect and login.

Thanks

How do I change chat icon to my own?

The images are located at:

/skins/SKIN_NAME/customer/images/live_help_offline.gif

/skins/SKIN_NAME/customer/images/live_help_online.gif

I think all you need to do is replace those images with another of the same name and format. Then upload them.

Thank You again. It works, however I don`t like this letters “Star Chat” or “Leave Message” My icon is bigger than original and it comes on it. Furthermore, this chat is so slow. :frowning: Anyway I will test. Now is 2a.m. and going to bed

To run chat, wait for someone to join. Then in the program right-click the person’s name/ip and choose Start Chat. Then when the chat window appears, click the start chat icon in the toolbar at the top.

I also recommend taking a look at my Waiting for Operator mod. The current setup does not display this message for the user while they wait for an operator.

I recommend avoiding PHPLive. It’s past versions have been riddled with exploits. Eventially it may be a great solution but for now I suggest letting them work out the security issues.

mdekok3000 Ive seen all your contributions to the community before I posted here. I will definitely use mod for LH, because when nothing appears client may have feeling like it doesnt work.

S-Combs Thank you for your reply. This is very strange, because I decided to ask on this forum opinions after my dream. I wanted to go ahead with PHPLive and clicked BUY button on their website (late evening) but…decided not to. Then I had these dreams about it warning me. I think too much was thinking about Live Support and whether to go ahead with them or not;) I also found that condition to use on other websites is to have “whois” under the same company name, so…I will stick with LH or take paid one as Mike suggested.

MikeFoldI use providesupport.com on another website and it works nice so far. However I wanted to have my own in order to reduce costs. It means not to pay for each operator or department seperate. What I like about them is their own support which always is online and very helpful, I can also minimize chat to system tray:p

Will still search, though I don`t have much time left, because in 2 weeks I go online.

I use the mod and it shows “Waiting for…”:wink: Thanks.

I have one more problem to solve. How to get rid of “Start Chat” & “Leave Message” :confused: In addition to this there is small grey line next to my chat icon picture, not the one from cart but very tinny. How to make this inviable? Please see attached screenshot in order to understand what I mean. Thanks for any help

ScreenShot012.jpg

In /customer/addons/live_help/sidebox.tpl

Remove the part in [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] below:

Optionally, you may remove the part in [COLOR=blue]blue[/COLOR] to remove the number of live operators message:

```php {* $Id: sidebox.tpl 4158 2007-10-04 11:02:07Z zeke $ *}

{include file=“addons/live_help/invitation.tpl”}

{assign var=“live_help_opts” value=$settings.Addons.live_help_opts}

{if $live_help_opts.lh_show_status_image == “Y” || $live_help_opts.lh_show_operators_num == “Y” || $live_help_opts.lh_allow_start_chat == “Y” || $live_help_opts.lh_allow_leave_message == “Y”}

{capture name=“sidebox”}

{if $live_help_opts.lh_show_status_image == “Y”}

{/if}
[COLOR=blue]{if $live_help_opts.lh_show_operators_num == "Y"}[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]
{$lang.lh_sidebox_total_operators}
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]
{$lang.lh_sidebox_free_operators}

[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue] {/if}[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]{if $live_help_opts.lh_show_status_image == "Y" && ($live_help_opts.lh_show_operators_num == "Y" || $live_help_opts.lh_allow_start_chat == "Y" || $live_help_opts.lh_allow_leave_message == "Y")}[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red] {/if}[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red] {if $live_help_opts.lh_allow_start_chat == "Y"}[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=red] {if $live_help_opts.lh_allow_leave_message == "Y"}[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]
[/COLOR]
{/capture}
{include file="common_templates/sidebox.tpl" title=$lang.live_help content=$smarty.capture.sidebox icon="sidebox_icon_live_help.gif"}
{/if} ```

In “/skins/CLIENT_SKIN/customer/addons/live_help/sidebox.tpl”

Remove

```php {if $live_help_opts.lh_show_status_image == “Y” && ($live_help_opts.lh_show_operators_num == “Y” || $live_help_opts.lh_allow_start_chat == “Y” || $live_help_opts.lh_allow_leave_message == “Y”)}

{/if}

{if $live_help_opts.lh_allow_start_chat == "Y"}

{/if}
{if $live_help_opts.lh_allow_leave_message == "Y"}

{/if}
```

And if you don't want to see number of live operators remove this:

```php {if $live_help_opts.lh_show_operators_num == "Y"}
{$lang.lh_sidebox_total_operators}

{$lang.lh_sidebox_free_operators}

{/if} ```

mdekok3000 Thank You a lot. I will try to fix it.

MikeFold you still read this thread, please tell me where do you insert “providesupport.com” code? I want to try it.

Thanks

JSKY

you can put it in any template where you want it located.

I put mine in the site_info template (see site link for where it ends up)

(your skin)/customer/side_boxes/site_info.tpl

just below the top 2 lines

```php {* $Id: site_info.tpl 2526 2006-11-13 08:58:43Z zeke $ *}

{if $all_topics_tree}

{capture name=“sidebox”}

(CODE GOES HERE)
```

Again...make sure you BACKUP your original