Live Chat Open Source Software recommendation?

Any live chat open source software worth implementing on Cs-cart 2.0. I need a good live chat software that’s either open source (free) or one which requires a one-time fee. Please, i’m open for any recommendations. Thanks.

Also, will Cs-Cart 2.0 be coming out with a live chat solution, if so, anytime soon?

use livezilla

www.livezilla.com

I use [url]http://www.volusion.com/merchant-account-credit-card-processing.asp[/url] free live chat.

I’m not real sure how to create a new block for the chat icon so I only have it on my homepage and contact us page.

I use craftysyntax. Free (optional donation). It is hosted from your own website so there is no waiting for some other website to load or fear that they might not be up.

[quote name=‘moka’]I use craftysyntax. Free (optional donation). It is hosted from your own website so there is no waiting for some other website to load or fear that they might not be up.[/QUOTE]

Does this have the ability to do proactive chatting? In other words, view visitors witihout them knowing and then offer to help if you see they are taking too long on the checkout page or such? I am using a trial of a hosted solution that works really well but it’s a monthly fee.

craftysyntax has proactive functionality to force dialog with custover offering the chart.

volusion is proactive too but in pro version (not free)

but i like livezilla :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘deMarchi’]craftysyntax has proactive functionality to force dialog with custover offering the chart.

volusion is proactive too but in pro version (not free)

but i like livezilla :)[/QUOTE]

I may update to the volusion pro version. I’m testing the waters with the free software now. When I had CS Cart live chat enable on 1.3.5 it really slowed my website down. Which is why I like having the free volusion chat software because it isn’t using any of my resources.

I tested craftysyntax - it’s heavy solution loading server, but it even allows seeing what user typing in his chat window befor post a message to ssupport.

volusion - i didnt try but seems it it asp application (if i’m wrong correct me) so it’ll require IIS.

as for livezilla - it’s light and easy ^) + has windows applications for admin and operators.

I ended up going with Provide Support (www.providesupport.com). They have desktop clients for Mac, Win, and Linux (I’m a Mac user). It does cost $99/year but that’s not bad compared to LivePerson’s $99/month! :slight_smile: