Little Fixes To Make Cscart Easier For Everyday Use

A request to cscart. I am using 4.1.3[list]

[]Please add Product code field to the Admin Orders/View Orders/+ (add a new order).

We have about 6000 products. When customers place a phone or mail order I try to think of unique words in the title of the product I want and choose from the search list. It would be easier and less likely to make a mistake if I can enter the product code on the add a new order page

Second step- if possible a multiple product add form would be ideal.

[
]Admin Order detail page Order #XXXX. Please add the date the order was placed.

When customers call with a query they normally quote their Order number. The date is not on the order detail page. I go back and scroll through View Order pages to find the order and remember the date before going into order details. It wastes much time with people waiting on the phone.

[/list]

What we do for the first item you list is we put the product code in the “Search Words:” field for each product. Then whenever we search in the back admin it makes it easier to search.

On the second item if you mouse over the order number on the page it will show the date. We found out that because our company name was a little longer it did not show all of the information unless we moused over it.

[quote name=‘clips’ timestamp=‘1399344716’ post=‘182964’]

What we do for the first item you list is we put the product code in the “Search Words:” field for each product. Then whenever we search in the back admin it makes it easier to search.

On the second item if you mouse over the order number on the page it will show the date. We found out that because our company name was a little longer it did not show all of the information unless we moused over it.

[/quote]

Thanks for the workarounds Cliips. I didnt notice the date on hover over the Order number :)

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1399344716' post='182964'] What we do for the first item you list is we put the product code in the “Search Words:” field for each product. Then whenever we search in the back admin it makes it easier to search. On the second item if you mouse over the order number on the page it will show the date. We found out that because our company name was a little longer it did not show all of the information unless we moused over it. [/quote]

Or you could add the product code to the search field within the modal box (like I did for an older version)

Free Addon: Search Products By Product Code is available for download, please follow http://forum.cs-cart…y-product-code/

Valentin

[color=#808080][size=2]part of hungryweb.net[/size][/color]

[quote name='Vali' timestamp='1399382738' post='183017'] Free Addon: Search Products By Product Code is available for download, please follow http://forum.cs-cart…y-product-code/ — Valentin [color=#808080][size=2]part of hungryweb.net[/size][/color] [/quote]

boom ^ this Vali knows his code.

Is no need to add a think twice if is available a solution for this ;)

I consider, our purpose as developers is to help store owners to do increasingly fewer things and create backend as smooth as possible and try to automatize more and more thinks

Regards,

Valentin

[quote name='Vali' timestamp='1399382738' post='183017']

Free Addon: Search Products By Product Code is available for download, please follow http://forum.cs-cart…y-product-code/

Valentin

[/quote]

Thank you Valentin!

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1399455692' post='183070']

boom ^ this Vali knows his code.

[/quote]

Yes, Valentin is THE Best.

Guys,

Feel free to try our Search Improvements module.

• Define minimum amount of characters for the search input field
  • Define search type (All of these words, Any of these words or Exact phrase)
  • Search by product code
  • Search by product code of option combinations
  • If one product is found, redirect to the product details page