Little annoying quirks that have been in cs-cart forever and should be fixed

HI Imac,

Thanks for getting back to me. We solved this in our 2.2x shop by not using total or subtotal, but Total minus shipping costs (or subtotal minus discount, I'm not sure).

You can find the add-on here: [url=“Free addon - discount / shipping cost fix - Third-Party Services - CS-Cart Community Forums”]Free addon - discount / shipping cost fix - Third-Party Services - CS-Cart Community Forums

hope this helps!

CS-Cart should at least have working shipping modules for the big 5 (TNT, UPS, DHL, FedEx, USPS)

Currently it simply does not work because CS-Cart does not have dimensional weight, shipping insurance or COD. Once any of these factors come into play CS-Cart is not able to return remotely accurate shipping costs or even process the order at all.

Flow,

Thanks for the add-on. Unfortunately, such solution cannot be used in the CS-Cart core package.

There can be some problems with that solution like:

• Reward points are not included into discounted subtotal (someone may want them to be included and someone not)
  • Tax (in case it is not included in the product price) is not taken into account

There can be more similar issues.

So I think the best solution will be to create an article on kb.cs-cart.com with an instruction and code changes necessary to make it work the same way as your add-on.

Hmm, I don't see the problem with tax. If customers are tax exempt, then the amount shipping cost is calculated on should simply be without tax. After all that's the amount the customer is paying. My add-on works like that as well.

• Reward points - these should be seen as money, since this is something people have earned, unlike discounts.

But I'm fine with posting code changes or you guys releasing an add-on or simply a switch in admin, to make it work like with my add-on or like it was originally.

To be honest, I don't know any shop who doesn't take disounts into account when calculating shipping cost… so i'm not sure why cs-cart does this anyway.

H1 , H2, Tags everywhere… Fix it !

Ok got another one.

And it should be simple but now i have no idea what to do. I'm sure I iwll figure it out but …

My account at the top of the page is in a dark font.

I want it in a white font.

Usually I would find it in firerfox make changes to css and done. 10 seconds later.

But with this new theme editor which I hate you can't do that.

If I change the font in the theme editor so My account is white… Guess what every page I have below that is white turns all my font to white and can't be read.

SO NOW I have to spend countless amounts of time trying to find my account font and change to white in css. But it seems they lumped in with all the rest of the font.

1. Required Products logic should be configurable to require either ALL or ANY of the listed products. If I have a product that can only be bought if one of a range of other products have to be bought, I cannot realise this in CS Cart

2a) while adding an order or creating a customer in that process, you have to enter shipping and billing address TWICE, no option like “Shipping address is same Billing Address” that customers have - a pain.

2b) also when customer info is edited by admin, the mandatory fields rules should not apply so I can at least put in what I have when creating a customer (at a minimum the name and email ID, even if I don't have the address). Or I want to correct their address, but have to put their password in twice - impossible!

Update to list!

[list=1]

[][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]From moka: breadcrumbs are supposed to lead you back the path you followed. Why is it that in version 3 if you have items in more than one category, they show the path from the main category, rather than the actual path the customer took? This is going to confuse the customers. [/font][/color]

[
][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]From many people: when customer pays over paypal, his/her cart is not emptied. This confused customers as they sometimes think an order did not go through, making them order again.[/font][/color]

[/list]

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1393833293' post='178616']

Update to list![list=1]

[*][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]From moka: breadcrumbs are supposed to lead you back the path you followed. Why is it that in version 3 if you have items in more than one category, they show the path from the main category, rather than the actual path the customer took? This is going to confuse the customers. [/font[/color]

[/list]

[/quote]

I had CcCartRocks do an addon for me. Works great. I love that he called the addon “True Breadcrumbs”

Update to list![list=1]

[*][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]From many people: when customer pays over paypal, his/her cart is not emptied. This confused customers as they sometimes think an order did not go through, making them order again.[/font][/color]

[/list]

[/quote]

X2 on this… We get calls every single day becuase of this issue… Fix it…

[quote name='dan4288' timestamp='1390420078' post='175814']

Ok got another one.

And it should be simple but now i have no idea what to do. I'm sure I iwll figure it out but …

My account at the top of the page is in a dark font.

I want it in a white font.

Usually I would find it in firerfox make changes to css and done. 10 seconds later.

But with this new theme editor which I hate you can't do that.

If I change the font in the theme editor so My account is white… Guess what every page I have below that is white turns all my font to white and can't be read.

SO NOW I have to spend countless amounts of time trying to find my account font and change to white in css. But it seems they lumped in with all the rest of the font.

[/quote]

Dear Dan,

In 4.2 we will release a feature that will compile less files into simple CSS file. In this case theme editor values will be ignored.

So you will be able to change any style in 10 seconds:)

[quote name='japanexp' timestamp='1390992917' post='176272']

1. Required Products logic should be configurable to require either ALL or ANY of the listed products. If I have a product that can only be bought if one of a range of other products have to be bought, I cannot realise this in CS Cart

[/quote]

You can not do this via required products add-on.

[quote]

2a) while adding an order or creating a customer in that process, you have to enter shipping and billing address TWICE, no option like “Shipping address is same Billing Address” that customers have - a pain.

[/quote]

It's working fine in v4.x.x

[quote]

2b) also when customer info is edited by admin, the mandatory fields rules should not apply so I can at least put in what I have when creating a customer (at a minimum the name and email ID, even if I don't have the address). Or I want to correct their address, but have to put their password in twice - impossible!

[/quote]

You do not need to change customer password, it always filled with stars. So just leave at as it is.

Update to list![list=1]

[*][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]From moka: breadcrumbs are supposed to lead you back the path you followed. Why is it that in version 3 if you have items in more than one category, they show the path from the main category, rather than the actual path the customer took? This is going to confuse the customers. [/font][/color]

[/list]

[/quote]

This issue is under review at the moment. You can track it status here: http://forum.cs-cart…breadcrumb-bug/

[quote]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]From many people: when customer pays over paypal, his/her cart is not emptied. This confused customers as they sometimes think an order did not go through, making them order again.[/font][/color]

[/quote]

Please let me know what paypal do you mean? (Pro, Express, Standard, Advanced)

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1395400025' post='179759']

Please let me know what paypal do you mean? (Pro, Express, Standard, Advanced)

[/quote]

Normal paypal, with name just “Paypal” in version 2.25.

Hi all, I'm using v 3.0.6 When customers place an order the email address they use is not always correct, some of them contain typo's like: xxxxx@homail.co.uk which should of course be xxxxx@hotmail.co.uk, is there anyway to request customer to insert the email address twice and the system check if they match?

& not to allow copy & Paste because if it wrong in the first place it will be incorrect when pasted.

this has been going on for over a year now, it has not bothered me much but for the past 2-4 months there has been an increase of customers not receiving my emails, I believe this is due to the amount of bouncing incorrect emails that are now classed as me sending spam emails.

Cheers for reading.

Tony

One thing really annoys me about cs-cart.

Lets say you have a product in 1 or 2 categories like this:

www.website.com/electronics/cellphone/iphone-5s.html

Then later you do a minor change to one of the category names, or maybe you move the product to another category.

www.website.com/cell-phone/iphone-5s.html

If you do this, the old links doesn't work anymore. This is very annoying if you have a lot of links coming from forums, social medias etc. Then all the links will fail and give an error.

It should be possible to make the code something like this, right?

If category/page is not found

• extract product link (iphone5.html)
  • show product without categories information and redirect page to www.website.com/iphone5.html

Another option could be to just remove the categories from the product link entirely and just do a mysql query to retrieve the category information.

When adding Required Products to a product, you cannot add one product OR another product.

You can choose multiple products but they will ALL be required.

[quote name=‘ModNet’ timestamp=‘1395828386’ post=‘180191’]

[/quote]

Sorry, this doesn’t belong here. This is a feature you would like cs-cart to have, not an annoying quirk :)

[quote name=‘Magpie Don’ timestamp=‘1396033138’ post=‘180351’]

When adding Required Products to a product, you cannot add one product OR another product.

You can choose multiple products but they will ALL be required.

[/quote]

Good one!

There should be an easy way to edit the “My account” menu on top. Lots of stores dont use Compare or digital downloads, but it it is still visible in the drop down menu. As far as i know the only way to remove it is to comment it out in the template file. There should be a button or something in admin to enable/disable Downloads and Compare from that menu.

Also, who came up with the great idea to put a small CS-Cart logo in the Shopping Cart menu?

^I agree with this. It should be much easier to hide these options, particularly when they don't apply to many of us.