List bullets not showing in store front

When I create a bullet list in the html editor in the admin, they show up no problem, but when I view them in the store - nothing! Not even an indentation. I’ve tested in Chrome and IE.

I know this problem has been raised in a previous post, but the last post was back in 2007! :S And there hasn’t seem to have been any fixes or solutions from what I could find. I really don’t feel like editing 15 files either, just to edit them again when the next version of cs-cart comes out.

Is nobody else getting this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

[quote name=‘fishtail’]When I create a bullet list in the html editor in the admin, they show up no problem, but when I view them in the store - nothing! Not even an indentation. I’ve tested in Chrome and IE.

I know this problem has been raised in a previous post, but the last post was back in 2007! :S And there hasn’t seem to have been any fixes or solutions from what I could find. I really don’t feel like editing 15 files either, just to edit them again when the next version of cs-cart comes out.

Is nobody else getting this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric[/quote]

Can you provide the URL?

Sure.

Here is an example:

[url]http://www.fishtail.ca/index.php?dispatch=knowledge_base.view_articles&article_id=14[/url]

I’m just starting the Knowledgebase, so don’t mind the fact that there’s almost no content yet :wink:

The list should appear on items appearing after this line:

“Can be found in many different forms:”

[quote name=‘fishtail’]Sure.

Here is an example:

[URL]http://www.fishtail.ca/index.php?dispatch=knowledge_base.view_articles&article_id=14[/URL]

I’m just starting the Knowledgebase, so don’t mind the fact that there’s almost no content yet :wink:

The list should appear on items appearing after this line:

“Can be found in many different forms:”[/quote]

I see, you will have to create a new css class in e.g. styles.base.css like:

.showbul ul li{
list-style-position: inside!important; /*or outside*/
list-style-type: circle!important;
}

Thanks indy0077, but it still doesn’t work after adding the code.

I noticed it working on one of my products though here:

[url]http://www.fishtail.ca/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=56[/url]

(before doing the mod it worked, too)

Using firebug I can see that your ul is not adopting the showbul class attributes. It is showing the generic ul settings of none for the list-style-type. Did you correctly add the showbul class to the style sheet? If so did you clear the cache afterward to make sure the css file was reloaded?

Well I copy/pasted the code that indy gave me into the style sheet located under “/skins/basic/customer”…I’m assuming I can put it anywhere in the style sheet?

And what do you ean by refreshing cache? Browser cache? If not, where would I do this?

To clear the cs cart cache (renaming admin.php to whatever you have it named):

www.fishtail.ca/admin.php?cc

Oh ok. I tried it adodric, and it still doesn’t show bullets.

Do you think it’s possible that it’s because “Knowledge base” is an add-on? I don’t see how that could make a difference, but I also don’t understand anything about the programming in cs-cart even though I’m an avid php user! lol

I can’t find the “showbul” class in your css files. I used firebug to search them all and it isn’t showing up. If it is there it won’t work anyway with the way you used the class with your ul if you did paste her direct css code.

You currently have

I am not using the KnowledgeBase addon but check to see if there is a styles.css in /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/addons/KNOWLEDGEBASE_DIR.

Bob