Limit Product Reviews And Comments Only To Customers

Hi there,

Is there a setting somewhere that can limit the product review only to signed in users? It appears that anyone visiting the site can easily submit product reviews and spam the admin. I know there's an option to limit the review to one IP, but I don't think it's sufficient.

I can't to find it anywhere in the add-on settings. It only exists for Vendor Review apparently.

Thanks

You may check out our Sign in/Purchase to Review addon.

/design/themes/THEME/templates/addons/discussion/views/discussion/view.tpl

replace

{if "CRB"|strpos:$discussion.type !== false && !$discussion.disable_adding}

with

{if "CRB"|strpos:$discussion.type !== false && !$discussion.disable_adding && $auth.user_id}

Then clear cache and check

/design/themes/THEME/templates/addons/discussion/views/discussion/view.tpl

replace

{if "CRB"|strpos:$discussion.type !== false && !$discussion.disable_adding}

with

{if "CRB"|strpos:$discussion.type !== false && !$discussion.disable_adding && $auth.user_id}

Then clear cache and check

Amazing! Thanks so much :)

Thanks, I'm good with eCom's solution for now, but limiting the Product Review to only customers who have purchased is definitely a MUST have and should have been a standard feature in CS-Cart.

Thanks, I'm good with eCom's solution for now, but limiting the Product Review to only customers who have purchased is definitely a MUST have and should have been a standard feature in CS-Cart.

You are welcome and hope our addon will help people who need the Sign in/Purchase to Review features.

eComLabs are helpful in giving solutions... and I agree should have been a standard feature in CS-Cart/MV.

I may need that Sign-In/Purchase to Review Add-on but when there's a discount :)