License

Hi there,

We are currently running CS-CART 3 and looking to upgrade to version 4.

Its been a few years since our license ran out and I would like to buy a license for version 4. However when I go to do this under our account. It wants me to purchase a license for each year since ours elapsed. Is this normal? Why would I want to do this (it adds up to about $900) when I could go out and buy a new version 4 license for about $300 and use that for our installation. Does it breach anything if I do it that way?

Thanks for your help,

Nathan

Hi there,

We are currently running CS-CART 3 and looking to upgrade to version 4.

Its been a few years since our license ran out and I would like to buy a license for version 4. However when I go to do this under our account. It wants me to purchase a license for each year since ours elapsed. Is this normal? Why would I want to do this (it adds up to about $900) when I could go out and buy a new version 4 license for about $300 and use that for our installation. Does it breach anything if I do it that way?

Thanks for your help,

Nathan

I think you should ask these questions to the license department, not on the community forum.

I disagree - I think their wording is poor and confusing I think others in the community would have been in a similar situation.

I think what ecoms is saying is that you most likely will not get an answer here. For a response, you will need to ask helpdesk.

Let us know what they say.

If you're purchasing upgrades then you need to purchase the prolongation license for each year. If you want to just install a V4 site and then do your own import of products, categories, customers, orders, features, files, images, etc. then you can go that route. But do note that it's not a simply "copy table from one db to another".

But for real responses to licensing questions, you would need to talk to cs-cart directly. Anything you hear here from me or anyone else should be considered an opinion and not fact.