LICENSE AGREEMENT authority

Are there anybody in the forum, who could help me with CS-CART LICENSE AGREEMENT authority?

Mar 4 2008

I purchased CS-CART Software I’ve signed L.A. for domain www.mysite.com

L.A. says that

[QUOTE]

2.2 Restrictions.

The Software may be used on one website/computer owned by you.

[/QUOTE]

although it says before

[QUOTE]

1. LICENSE GRANT

This Software is licensed to be installed and used on only one domain.

A valid license must be purchased for each domain on which the Software is installed.

[/QUOTE]

I know that

[QUOTE]

In the Domain Name System hierarchy, a subdomain is a domain that is part of a larger domain.

For example “mysite.com” is a subdomain of the “com” top-level domain while “shop1.mysite.com” is a subdomain in the domain “mysite.com”. That DNS names are written in descending hierarchy right-to-left.

[/QUOTE]

Mar 4 2008

I asked the support group

[QUOTE]

If I would be able to used CS-CART Software for example to create three shops , if purchase your Software for my domain

www.mysite.com/digital/

www.mysite.com/foto/

www.mysite.com/electronics/

if /digital/ /foto/ /electronics/ is not subdomains, it’s subdirectories

[/QUOTE]

Mar 5 2008

The Support answered

[QUOTE]

Unfortunately you can’t. We updated this info on our website.

Unfortunately we 're not able to give you additional rights. As it was explained before that one license means one installation. You have your right not to accept this answer according L.A.

that you’ve signed. Then we won’t be able to continue our cooperation and we’ll have to terminate your license and return your money. We apologize that in the initial version L.A. we didn’t clarify enough the paragraph of the agreement . By the way if you 're still ready to accept the agreement according to paragraph “The Software may be used on one website/computer owned by you” with server the website www.mysite.com will belong to you.

[/QUOTE]

But I understand that I signed the L.A. BEFORE CS-CART updated their L.A. and I can use

www.mysite.com/digital/

www.mysite.com/foto/

legally under the initial version L.A.

However when the next CS-CART upgrade will be available it will include a NEW EDITION of L.A. And I’ll have to follow the policy of a new version L.A. or have to use the old version of Software. In this connection the CS-CART will break their own Upgrade policy

[QUOTE]

Upgrade policy

CS-Cart allows a license holder to full access to new version of CS-Cart, free of charge. The software packages are available for download through our Customer Help Desk system at any time.

[/QUOTE]

My questions are

1. In your opinion is it possible to terminate the License in their own desire if I wont’ break any item in the L.A. signed by me ?

2. Could you pls tell me what is my best bet ?

I don’t want to accept a new version of L.A. as I 've signed the old one.

I don’t want my money be returned and I can hardly accept the idea to terminate my License.

But I would like to use CS-CART Software and CS-CART Upgrade policy according to terms that i have signed and made the purchase.

I think so If you sell the cow, you sell her milk too.

Sorry for my english. It’s not my native language.

Sorry for the large post.

=================================================================

The full version of my correspondance with CS-Cart Support

=================================================================

[QUOTE]

To the Support group

I have to read the LICENSE AGREEMENT very attentively because of some specific events that have happened recently in Russia connected with copyright protection .

Please clarify the situation about your LICENSE AGREEMENT. It says that

2.2 Restrictions.

although it says before

1. LICENSE GRANT

A valid license must be purchased for each domain on which the Software is installed.

My question is not just why you consider that 1 website = 1 computer = 1 domain

should be used but as well …my particular situation :

Is it possible to create for example three shops on domain www.mysite.com without breaking the L.A. if I have one License for my domain ?

www.mysite.com/digital/

www.mysite.com/foto/

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

From the Support

Please clarify the situation about your LICENSE AGREEMENT. It says that

2.2 Restrictions.

although it says before

1. LICENSE GRANT

My question is not just why you consider that 1 website = 1 computer = 1 domain

should be used but as well …my particular situation :

We don’t consider that. '‘website’ or ‘domain’ are an external resource (they’re equivalents according to Licensing) but ‘computer’ is a local computer.

“… on one website/computer …”, means on website, AND on your local computer.

Is it possible to create for example three shops on domain www.mysite.com without

breaking the L.A. if I have one License for my domain ?

www.mysite.com/digital/

www.mysite.com/foto/

Unfortunately you can’t.

Software should be installed only one copy on the one domain (including subdomains).

For each copy must be purchased a valid license (excluding test installation not permittedfor public usage). Each additional license costs $145.

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

To the Support group

Unfortunately you can’t.

Software should be installed only one copy on the one domain (including subdomains).

Could you please help me to find in the L.A. ONE COPY on the one domain.

L.A. says that

In my case it’s

www.mysite.com/digital/

www.mysite.com/foto/

computer - the one

website - the one

domain - the one

am I wrong?

by the way you used the term “subdomain”

1. foto.mysite.com
  2. mysite.com/foto

In what case “foto” is a subdomain?

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

From the Support

Could you please help me to find in the L.A. ONE COPY on the one domain.

L.A. says that

In my case it’s

www.mysite.com/digital/

www.mysite.com/foto/

computer - the one

website - the one

domain - the one

am I wrong?

You 're right. This rule is mentioned in L.A. We updated this info on our website.

I hope that the question about the number of installation on one domain is clarified.

by the way you used the term “subdomain”

1. foto.mysite.com
  2. mysite.com/foto

In what case “foto” is a subdomain?

In the first case. In the second it is a subdirectory.

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

To the Support group

You’ve change the paragraph in the contract in no time but what am I suppose to do with the License that I’ve agreed to signed and I bought it BEFORE you updated the initial version of the L.A.?

Other ways could you “close your eyes” on the fact that I’ll use your Software in more then one subdirectories, on the one computer, on the one website, on the one domain owned by me. (as it was wrote in the initial version of L.A.).

“and for each additional installation on the same domain”

This little phrase that you’ve added after our discussion will bring you more money then selling to me the additional licences

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

From the Support

Unfortunately we 're not able to give you additional rights. As it was explained before that one license means one installation. You have your right not to accept this answer according L.A. that you’ve signed. Then we won’t be able to continue our cooperation and we’ll have to terminate your license and return your money. We apologize that in the initial

version L.A. we didn’t clarify enough the paragraph of the agreement .

And if you 're still ready to accept the agreement according to paragraph “The Software may be used on one website/computer owned by you” with server the website www.mysite.com will belong to you.

Hoping for your understanding

[/QUOTE]

New version L.A. [URL=“License Agreement on the Use of CS-Cart”]https://www.cs-cart.com/license.html[/URL]

Initial version L.A. in the file below

License agreement before 3.5.2008.txt