Let' Talk Chef.com (www.letstalkchef.com)

Please take a look at my new CS-Cart site and let me know what you think.

I did not implement my own design, but I altered one of the existing templates.

Any feedback, good or bad, would be more than appreciated.

Thanks!

www.letstalkchef.com

Facebook/Twitter soda cans are not linked.

I just slotted them in for design purposes. I’m still waiting to create the live accounts to link them to.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Anyone else notice how the top of my “main content” area does not line up with the top of my “left nav” area. I know this is a bit nit-picky, but it is driving me nuts.

What css should I edit to fix this?

Chef_Joe -

Pretty impressive. For a newbie’s perspective - how long did it take you to build your site from start to finish with the template?

Thanks. Not very long. Most of it was just tweaking of css so it didn’t look so cookie-cutter.

I built my store visually using Firefox only, so I am looking for any design flaws/recommendations that any of you see in other browsers.

[quote name=‘Chef_Joe’]Anyone else notice how the top of my “main content” area does not line up with the top of my “left nav” area. I know this is a bit nit-picky, but it is driving me nuts.

What css should I edit to fix this?[/QUOTE]

Use firebug and drill down the (+) sign on the left panel, until you find the proper tag.

Look like is the style.base.css line 55: padding: 6px 0,

best regard.

I love your website! Looks really good and clean! How did you add the forum?

Almond Joy :wink:

[quote name=‘Chef_Joe’]Please take a look at my new CS-Cart site and let me know what you think.

I did not implement my own design, but I altered one of the existing templates.

Any feedback, good or bad, would be more than appreciated.

Thanks!

www.letstalkchef.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your feedback!

The forum was developed using the XMB site software addon from my hosts control panel. Once I found a suitable design I started styling it to replicate my website as much as possible so people didn’t feel like they were “leaving” my website when they entered the forum.

Just curious if you purchased a license for the Magic Zoom addon. It acts as if you are running a demo version (which is not for commercial use).