Landing Pages

What does everyone do for landing pages? Do you just direct marketing to your category page or have you created a custom landing page?

Did you do it yourself or have someone design it? If you had someone design it, how much did it cost you and what was the result?

Thanks,

Adam

Hidden Pages with custom urls :wink:

[quote name=‘jegesmaci’]What does everyone do for landing pages? Do you just direct marketing to your category page or have you created a custom landing page?

what do you mean by landing pages? sorry for my ignorancy.

I would love more info on this as well.

on a side note, firefox hasn’t been able to stop this one from popping up w/regularity in my browser:

[url]http://www.ppcblinks.com/promo/?sid=NTA0NTIuNTk1Lm51bGwuMTgwLi4=[/url]

at least it looks good lol

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Hidden Pages with custom urls ;)[/quote]

Sorry JesseLeeStringer, but landing pages are not even hidden pages. I know what you want to say (something like BH SEO), then here the explanation of landing pages:

[SIZE=2][COLOR=RoyalBlue]A landing page is a website page that is created for one purpose - to persuade the site visitor to convert into a customer by making a sale, completing a form (thereby becoming a qualified lead), signing up for a newsletter, etc.

Most importantly, consider that you have 8 seconds or less to convince your visitor to act. If you haven’t convincingly made your case in this time then your visitor will move on and will be lost, as the Internet has created the most fickle customer in sales history.

If you dump potential customers onto your home page, because you think that is the landing page, they could get lost. They could have trouble finding your offer and might give up. Or they might see something else of interest on your site and click away to that. You don’t want them randomly browsing your site. You want them to respond to your specific offer! - And that is the landing page.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Sorry JesseLeeStringer, but landing pages are not even hidden pages. I know what you want to say (something like BH SEO), then here the explanation of landing pages:[/QUOTE]

I think you are misunderstanding Jesse.

He is saying to create a Page in the Content tab with the status set to ‘Hidden’. You can set the SEO name to whatever you want (e.g., my-page) and then use the URL www.domain.com/my-page.html to point to the landing page.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I think you are misunderstanding Jesse.

He is saying to create a Page in the Content tab with the status set to ‘Hidden’. You can set the SEO name to whatever you want (e.g., my-page) and then use the URL www.domain.com/my-page.html to point to the landing page.

Bob[/quote]

I got it…:smiley:

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I think you are misunderstanding Jesse.

Bob[/quote]

^^ What Bob said

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]^^ What Bob said[/quote]

Ok, I understad it.

I hope, Google will not ban CS Cart for back up BH SEO :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: