JS Banner Addon

[quote name=‘bayside’]i also bought this addon a few weeks ago. sent emails, messages etc. never received any reply from this company at all.

if still no response, i will have to ask for other member for paid help.[/QUOTE]

If you tell me your problem i’ll try to help… it’s not hard :slight_smile:

I don’t like bad talking companies, but so far their customer service is non-existent. I probably should have gone with the other add-on. I only purchased this one as it seemed more robust with the ability to let the client manage their photos. I thought buying it for $55 would be worth the time saved, but so far, it hasn’t.

Unfortunately, I may need to build my own banner slider now. I don’t even know if I can get a refund. I will try calling tomorrow and see if I can get some answers.

Does anyone know which files I might modify to add some sort of navigation to this add-on?

Thanks!

Steve

[quote name=‘esteve’]I don’t like bad talking companies, but so far their customer service is non-existent. I probably should have gone with the other add-on. I only purchased this one as it seemed more robust with the ability to let the client manage their photos. I thought buying it for $55 would be worth the time saved, but so far, it hasn’t.

Unfortunately, I may need to build my own banner slider now. I don’t even know if I can get a refund. I will try calling tomorrow and see if I can get some answers.

Does anyone know which files I might modify to add some sort of navigation to this add-on?

Thanks!

Steve[/QUOTE]

There are alot of JS banner add-ons on market.

From my market research I found out the same type of JS banner + / - some functionalities between 30 - 65 USD.

Yeah I did see at least another one that seemed fine. I bought this one because someone here said it was really great, PLUS the navigation in the demo looked decent… too bad it was the flash demo!

They are just now getting back to me, so fyi they said they don’t work on weekends (although I ordered on Thursday I think).

That’s great that they are getting back to you. I was kind of wondering. This addon is the best rotator that I’ve seen out there. There are others like the one from Webgraphiq that are also really good, but personally, I think this one has more features and is easier to deal with.

I’m glad that CodingStaff is responding though.

Brandon

[quote name=‘esteve’]

They are just now getting back to me, so fyi they said they don’t work on weekends (although I ordered on Thursday I think).[/QUOTE]

It’s my experience most companies are closed on weekends :confused:

So if you ordered on Thursday, they didn’t respond for 1 business day. My advice for the future: have a bit more patience before posting bad stuff about developers who have a fine reputation.

From your experience web services companies are closed on weekends? I have never come across a web company - hosting, domain registrar – any company that does business selling digital/electronic goods, to not respond to a request or email for 3-4 days. A good business practice is to use an autoresponder that indicates what to expect from customer service. We are talking about a Help Desk for an online company…

As it states on their website: “Need assistance? Receive immediate support from our Help Desk team” - so this is a matter of expectation setting. I’m sorry, as I mentioned, I don’t like to talk bad about companies online - I’m merely sharing my experience. It could actually help someone, as I’m calling it as I see it.

I never said they were a bad company - now that they are responding to my requests they are trying to accomodate me. If we can try to hold companies accountable for their business practices then we can improve the overall community in my opinion. If this results in them modifying their help desk workflow or simply adding hours of support to their site - then everyone should win, right?

They are not a webhost or domain registrar. They sell services and custom programming.

CS-cart is closed on the weekends as well.

Guess it’s like you say, it’s about what you expect… and yes, an autoresponder might be handy.

Most of these companies are pretty small though, sometimes not more then 2 or 3 persons working there. So you can’t expect them to respond 24/7.

Good to know about this add-on, is that you can not have different slides per language, or give the slides a seperate link per language.

This basically means it's not suited for a multi-language store.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1309864946' post='116295']

Good to know about this add-on, is that you can not have different slides per language, or give the slides a seperate link per language.

This basically means it's not suited for a multi-language store.

[/quote]

Our Js add-on uses cs-cart WYSIWYG for adding text so if you have a multi-lingual website you can translate the text for each language. Only the image will be the same for all languages.

We need an independent review of all banner managers and rotators!

Almost like a table with comparison out features etc…

If anyone can provide a recommendation regarding what to use for advertising / marketing, and if there developer actively supports their product?

Thanks heaps!

[quote name='Seonid' timestamp='1311153238' post='117737']

Our Js add-on uses cs-cart WYSIWYG for adding text so if you have a multi-lingual website you can translate the text for each language. Only the image will be the same for all languages.

[/quote]

Yeah that would work, but then I can't use our house-style font for commercials… can I?

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1314950007' post='120840']

Yeah that would work, but then I can't use our house-style font for commercials… can I?

[/quote]

Our add-on is fully customizable, it works in both ways

You can use background image and text, and a button with link

Or if you want to use background images with link on the actual image, you can use it this way.

So you can use your custom font.

And, even with background images with link on them you can have multi language support (but you have to make an image for each language)

[quote name='Seonid' timestamp='1315737201' post='121438']

Our add-on is fully customizable, it works in both ways

You can use background image and text, and a button with link

Or if you want to use background images with link on the actual image, you can use it this way.

So you can use your custom font.

And, even with background images with link on them you can have multi language support (but you have to make an image for each language)

[/quote]

Ah yes of course, I didn't even think about that. Thanks!

Is anyone having an issue with this mod on 2.2.1+? I keep getting an error that says…

[quote]SmartOptimizer Error: File not found (…/js/colorpicker.js)[/quote]

I cleared the cache and I have cleared the cache in smartoptimizer. So I'm not for sure what to do.

[quote name=‘clips’ timestamp=‘1316301060’ post=‘121837’]

Is anyone having an issue with this mod on 2.2.1+? I keep getting an error that says…

I cleared the cache and I have cleared the cache in smartoptimizer. So I’m not for sure what to do.

[/quote]

I also get that error in the admin… already got it in 2.1.x too.

I just ignore it and it works fine … :rolleyes:

Even though it might not exactly be the correct solution, I just copied that file from one of my own installations over to my new one and the error went away.

As Flow says, you can just ignore it. It just got annoying to me.

Thanks,

Brandon

Thanks for the replies, but from the sounds of them, does this mean that this is going to be another mod that is not going to be supported? Has anyone contacted Coding Staff? I checked their website but they say nothing about their mods being updated. I posted here first because I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong since I haven't really started using it yet.

I have the coding staff JS Banner Rotator running a a few sites all on 2.2.2 and it works awesome. The Coding Staff rotator is the best out there in my opinion, but I also really like Webgraphiq's.

Thanks,

Brandon

Question, and apologies if not applicable to the JS add-on, I would like the top.tpl background image to rotate… how could this be done?