Items In A Box - Multiple Box Shipments

CS-Cart VS 4.3

We sell kits that come in 1, 2 & 3 box shipments. The Dim weight for each box is 40lbs, so for all intents and purposes the weight is each box is 40lbs.

Alongside of these kits we sell a kit upgrade as an option that also has a dim weight of 40lbs.

So, if the person buys our largest kit with an option the shipping weight is (3 boxes x 40lbs +40lbs) = 160lbs which puts us over the UPS / FedEx 150 lb maximum. And the system shows no shipping method available.

I have tried marking items in a box as many ways as possible and I cannot find a way that the system will recognize that I have 3 or 4 boxes each weighing 40 lbs.

The only way the shipping rates match up to UPS / FedEx is for me to list the total dim weight of the package i.e. 120lbs. If I list the box weight for each i.e. 40 lbs ... shouldn't the items in a separate box multiply that box weight by the amount of items extra in a box?

Either way I cannot get this to work. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, cs-cart doesn’t understand multiple packages for a single product. Would require modification to split product packaging by adding package definitions in addition to current products per package.

Install the Automatic Cart Recalculate module from marketplace. If you set qty to 0, the product will be automatically deleted from the cart

Yes just another basic feature "teired packaging" that cs-cart are not interested in providing. It's not as if it's hard to achive;

10 Does weight = 1
20 No
30 continue
40 Yes
50 Add 1 box to boxes shipped
60 goto 10

Unfortunately, cs-cart doesn't understand multiple packages for a single product. Would require modification to split product packaging by adding package definitions in addition to current products per package.

Do you know a developer that has already built an addon like this so we do not have to pay for a brand new addon?

Install the Automatic Cart Recalculate module from marketplace. If you set qty to 0, the product will be automatically deleted from the cart

Are you are referencing the OPTION product that gets added on?

Do you know a developer that has already built an addon like this so we do not have to pay for a brand new addon?

nope, sorry. Would require a bit of research to see if it can be done as an addon or whether it would be a modification.

Are you are referencing the OPTION product that gets added on?

The module just clicks on the Recalculate button on each quantity change. The same product with other product options will not be affected