I created the csv with the products the website should have and first tested with 1 product that had 3 variations. Just to test.
The csv file uploaded just fine and products were inserted but I am not sure if that was done properly as the Greek names of the products did not import correctly so I had to erase both the products and the categories it created.
Then I tried to re-import. This time I got a report that all products were skipped. The main configurable product, as well as the variations, were skipped. 1 product and 3 variations.
Then I tried with 2 configurable products (and 8 variations). same deal-all skipped. The report was as follows:
ImportantData is imported successfully. New products - 0:
Updated products - 0:
Skipped products - 10:
Total - 10.
I mean the file should not be that messed up. It is recognised and stats come out properly.
The two columns for product type and options were made according to one test product I made on the site which has size and colour variations. I then took that as a guide and made the csv I've attached to my first post. Still, though there is that error and products are skipped. So I guess I'm missing something with the way the product variations are created using the csv import function.
You probably mean the encoding. Yes I fixed that. It was not the problem. I still can't import products with variations.
If you try and upload that file without the columns for product type and options, the products are created properly. Although the greek letters are a bit scrambled, this doesn't really affect the product creation process. Since the encoding issue is gone (I used google spreadsheets to create the csv and the encoding was fixed) I only need some help with the variations for the products.